Ajax Email checker - Wont Disable

15 years 8 months ago #67999 by drewsu2
Ajax Email checker - Wont Disable was created by drewsu2
First of all, great job on the RC2! I'm loving CB more and more after each release.

I'm having an issue with the Ajax Email Checker. When I try to register a new user, I input an email address in the email address text box under the default contact info tab, but it keeps generating this error message no matter what email address I use:

Checking......"Could not check this email: Please double-check: Needed for confirmation."

In Configuration, I have Ajax Email checker and Ajax Username checker both set to "NO". Even though I have the Username checker set to No as well, it's still using Ajax, but the username field doesnt result in an error like the email does.

Am I missing something? Shouldnt the Ajax Email Checker disable when I choose no under configuration/registration/Ajax Email checker/? Why would the username work, but every email address that I enter results in that same error as stated above?

I would also like to mention that I went to tools and did database checks and everything was green....

Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thankyou.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 8 months ago #68090 by mikemontague
Replied by mikemontague on topic Re:Ajax Email checker - Wont Disable
I have the same problem. This looks like a bug to me. Ive set the configuration to NO under the registration tab and I have set it to NO in the CB Field Manager under email and username, but the AJAX still goes to checking after each entry and results in that same error under the email entries.

PLEASE HELP???? Is this a bug on RC2?

15 years 8 months ago #68093 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:Ajax Email checker - Wont Disable
Hmm... working fine on my end when disabled. Also works fine when checking email address. What verion of Joomla, database and PHP?

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

15 years 8 months ago #68098 by drewsu2
Replied by drewsu2 on topic Re:Ajax Email checker - Wont Disable
Rapunzl,

I have PHP Version: 5.2.5 & MySQL verson: 5.0.51a-community running. Im also on the latest Joomla 1.0.15.

I've tried everything...including reinstalling, but I am still experiencing the same issue. The AJAX username still runs too even though I have it set to no, but the AJAX email address is the one that is generating the error and that too still runs when set to no. configuration/registration and even in the CB field manager section under email and username is set to no...

Any suggestions on how to possibly fix this issue?

Thankyou!!!

15 years 8 months ago #68106 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:Ajax Email checker - Wont Disable
I'm thinking it's relating to Joomla versions, since mine is 1.5.5. Someone else will have to pick it up here, because I can't think of what could be causing it. :dry:

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

15 years 8 months ago #68130 by mikemontague
Replied by mikemontague on topic Re:Ajax Email checker - Wont Disable
I too have Joomla 1.0.15. If its working in 1.5.4 as Joomla 1.5.5 has not came out yet, wonder if its something to do with the AJAX in the 1.0.15 version? Thanks for pointing that out Rapunzl.

Is this a bug in Joomla 1.0.15? Can anyone else confirm besides drewsu2? Any solutions Beat or Nick or other developers?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.279 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn