Show me your member list modifications

15 years 8 months ago #69111 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:Show me your member list modifications
Well, he said he'd be happy with that. :laugh: Sorry, I'm j/k.

Anyway, it looks like it's all controlled from comprofiler.php, and I'm not a coder, but maybe someone that is can do a little hacking for you to provide additional columns instead of one.

Wish I could help more. :dry:

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 8 months ago #69114 by rpitera
Replied by rpitera on topic Re:Show me your member list modifications
Rapunzl wrote:

Well, he said he'd be happy with that. :laugh: Sorry, I'm j/k.

You may well be right, I may have been reinterpreting his question. He may have been asking for a ride to work and I offered to build him a train station...I've been known to do that! :ohmy:

Anyway, it looks like it's all controlled from comprofiler.php, and I'm not a coder, but maybe someone that is can do a little hacking for you to provide additional columns instead of one.

Wish I could help more. :dry:

Don't sell yourself short Rapunzl; you've been helpful all over this forum! ;)

15 years 8 months ago #69151 by g0t0pless
Replied by g0t0pless on topic Re:Show me your member list modifications
I tried enabling only 1 column before you suggested it, hoping it would automatically tile across. Nope. It just creates a ton of dead space on the right side of the page.

So yeah, I was hoping for a grid. Either 100% wide or X number of thumbnails across.

I'm hoping MORE for some other ways of editing this ugly list. I think the thing that annoys me most is that I cannot adjust the column widths. I can't tell the filed names to be in bold with the field answers NOT in bold, etc... It all just sorta runs together, with very little formatting.

I pretty much hate the way my member list looks, but I love the rest the RC2 suite. I feel as though the CB team member who was responsible for the memberlist slacked off. Ha ha ha.

15 years 8 months ago #69248 by g0t0pless
Replied by g0t0pless on topic Re:Show me your member list modifications
Anyone?

15 years 8 months ago #69253 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:Show me your member list modifications
It looks as if this may be the code (in comprofiler.php) that needs to be hacked for changing the view configuration:

[code:1] //Make columns array. This array will later be constructed from the tabs table:

$columns = array();

for ( $i = 1; $i < 50; ++$i ) {
$enabledVar = "col".$i."enabled";

if ( ! isset( $row->$enabledVar ) ) {
break;
}
$titleVar = "col".$i."title";
$fieldsVar = "col".$i."fields";
$captionsVar = "col".$i."captions";

if ( $row->$enabledVar == 1 ) {
$col = new stdClass();
$col->fields = ( $row->$fieldsVar ? explode( '|*|', $row->$fieldsVar ) : array() );
$col->title = $row->$titleVar;
$col->captions = $row->$captionsVar;
// $col->sort = 1; //All columns can be sorted
$columns[$i] = $col;
}
}

[/code:1]

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

15 years 8 months ago #69293 by beat
That's where columns are constructed.

The html code is in comprofiler.html.php with same function-name :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn