Display Menus While Registering

15 years 8 months ago #69140 by rbryanh
Display Menus While Registering was created by rbryanh
I have the cblogin module positioned where I want it, looking just right, and functioning fine, but I need to display several menus immediately after "login reminder", "registration", or "edit your details" are clicked, along with the results of those choices.

For example, how can I set menus to appear along with the "Registration" screen?

Since cblogin isn't a menu and the links in it aren't menu items per se, the usual approach to controlling the display of menus won't work.

Bafflement R Us.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 8 months ago #69299 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Display Menus While Registering
Usually in web-usability, you avoid to distract the user as much as possible while he is filling-in an important form, such as registration...

That said, you would have to manually edit the link for registration in CB login module and add an Itemid to it, which is a menu id and then assign modules to that menuid.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 8 months ago #69325 by rbryanh
Replied by rbryanh on topic Re:Display Menus While Registering
Testing... My initial attempts to reply have been met with:

Method Not Implemented

POST to /component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,post/ not supported.
Apache Server at www.joomlapolis.com Port 80

15 years 8 months ago #69326 by rbryanh
Hmmm... Pardon the weirdness - I'm jumping through hoops trying to get this to post. I'm going to try segmenting the message.

Thanks for your reply.

I take your point regarding user experience - ironically, it's because the abrupt vanishment of so many interface elements during registration is distracting that I'm trying to get some of them to persist.

15 years 8 months ago #69331 by rbryanh
I'm unable to my few small code examples to post to the board.

Is there any other way to reach you? I'm available at joomlapolis@bryanharrison.com

Thanks,
Bryan

15 years 8 months ago #69411 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Display Menus While Registering
Yup, our new server is a a little over-secured ;)

We still have some fine-tuning to do.

Try putting extra-spaces in SQL (and possibly php) keywords, then you should be able to post for now.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.239 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn