Display Menus While Registering

15 years 8 months ago #69486 by sh0rtchica
Replied by sh0rtchica on topic Re:Display Menus While Registering
I've attempted to implement this solution to have a module displayed on my site, but I an unsure how to create the menu item in order to have the modules displayed on the registration page.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 8 months ago #69489 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Display Menus While Registering
any menu item which is public and published will make it, to hide it, you can put it in an unpublished or not displayed menu.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 8 months ago #69490 by sh0rtchica
Replied by sh0rtchica on topic Re:Display Menus While Registering
I'm sorry, I must be slow today but I don't understand. What type of menu item am I supposed to be creating?

15 years 8 months ago #69494 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Display Menus While Registering
You can create any kind, e.g. link.

You need the menuid, so you can use it as Itemid (it's the same) in the reg page url, and then use it again to choose the modules you want to have displayed on the registration page (using the menu in the list to show those modules).

This is why you need added &Itemid=XYZ to the registration page url, where XYZ is your menu id.

After having created the menu item, and assigned modules to that, and before hacking mod_cblogin, you can just add the &Itemid=XYZ to your registration page by editing the URL.

Or even wihtout changing anything, you could copy the &Itemid from a page that shows the login modules and add it to the registration url to see the modules appear.

I know the above is concentrated and will require a double-reading after some coffee, but that's how joomla works and what the Itemids are for (among other things, like breadcrumbs).

You may also browse joomla doc and forum for further explains on Itemid and menuid ;)

EDIT: didn't add anything finally :D wrong edit.

Post edited by: beat, at: 2008/07/26 23:45

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 8 months ago #69498 by rbryanh
Replied by rbryanh on topic Re:Display Menus While Registering
Aha!

Thanks. My happiness is a golden poem.

15 years 5 months ago #80142 by linkedla
Replied by linkedla on topic Re:Display Menus While Registering
Cool, I did add the /Itemid,145/ (my Menu ID where i have published the module i need to show) form the add i have on the site for people to register in the site, now,the question is, :P I do not know much or nothing about coding, so in the mod_cblogin where i have to change the link to add this small portion to the link and make it work form there too, I mean close to what line i should find the link so I can change it safe without make any damage to module.

The site I am using to make this registration is: www.visionemlc.com I appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks in advance,
Jose
PD: The add is in the right corner of the site.

Post edited by: linkedla, at: 2008/11/19 20:46

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn