Way to have member blogs?

15 years 7 months ago #74024 by johnnybiggles
Way to have member blogs? was created by johnnybiggles
I have Joomla 1.5/CB 1.2 and one of the features I would like to add is to allow my members to create their own blogs for other members to see and comment to, without them having the ability to add articles anywhere else on the site. Is there a way to create a section/category for this which can allow the registered users the right permissions and capabilities? Should/Can this be done through Community Builder somehow? I know there is mamblog but it is only for Joomla 1.0 and I have 1.5. Any help or links would be great!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 7 months ago #74134 by Samurai9
Replied by Samurai9 on topic Re:Way to have member blogs?
Hi johnnybiggles,

The guys at idojoomla.com , do a blog for Joomla! 1.5 and on their site they say that the pro version is compatible with community builder, however you have to pay a subscription for the pro version.

15 years 7 months ago #74154 by spikec
Replied by spikec on topic Re:Way to have member blogs?
FWIW, I use MyBlog Pro and while it has its quirks, it is overall a great blog component with excellent tech support. It meshes with CB well.

15 years 3 months ago #84383 by rootlock
Replied by rootlock on topic Re:Way to have member blogs?
Note: I have Idoblog and I'm increasingly disappointed. I like the idea that they have, but the fact is that they're not a team player.

While their "pro" version is compatible w/ CB they've ceased working/developing the version instead working on their own community application, which I have to say is labor some to use and at this point not compatible in the least w/ CB.

I'm wondering if I can get my money back....

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn