Is there a Demo?

15 years 6 months ago #75324 by LeMarque
Is there a Demo? was created by LeMarque
Pardon me, but this site is like a bucket of worms. The home pages says

The Community Builder suite extends the Joomla! and Mambo website user management systems and allows to manage those users.

Key features include: extra fields in profile, enhanced registration workflows, user lists, connection paths between users, admin defined tabs and user profiles, image upload, front-end workflow management, integration with other components, like PMS, Newsletter, Forum, Galleries.

Some of which I can guess what they/it does, but most of which means nothing to me unless I can SEE IT!

There seem to be an unending list of pluging, etc. but sameold. I can't find anything that persuades me to purchase a subscription or presents CB in a meaningful way so a prospective purchaser can evaluate the features/benefits.

It seems from the reviews that almost all users rate the extension very highly. But telling me the extension is

A framework for other Joomla/Mambo components to integrate with user profiles

leaves me in the dark.

Is this like facebook or myspace?

My intent is to find something suitable for a middle school web site.

Flame Off :evil:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 6 months ago #75335 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:Is there a Demo?
If you read more than the front page, you'd find there's a CB Showcase with more demos than you could look through in a night.

:dry:

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

15 years 6 months ago #75402 by LeMarque
Replied by LeMarque on topic Re:Is there a Demo?
You know, there's an old saying:

"If you want to know the truth about yourself - ask your enemies, not your friends."

Now I'm not your enemy, but after what, 2 years, for a paid extension, CB should have a demo and a clear description of its features and benefits. Camtasia is one app that comes to mind.

Having to scroll down to the bottom of the forum listing to find the CB Showcase where I have to sign up for yet another forum, or two or three, to see the extension in action, well :sick:

15 years 6 months ago #75418 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Is there a Demo?
LeMarque wrote:

You know, there's an old saying:

"If you want to know the truth about yourself - ask your enemies, not your friends."

Now I'm not your enemy, but after what, 2 years, for a paid extension, CB should have a demo and a clear description of its features and benefits. Camtasia is one app that comes to mind.

Having to scroll down to the bottom of the forum listing to find the CB Showcase where I have to sign up for yet another forum, or two or three, to see the extension in action, well :sick:

Did you read the getting started article?
I link was sent to you via email and private message.

15 years 6 months ago #75431 by LeMarque
Replied by LeMarque on topic Re:Is there a Demo?
And what about the admin backend?

15 years 3 months ago #80991 by jorgegoi
Replied by jorgegoi on topic Re:Is there a Demo?
I am having the same experience; where does the demo live?. How does this thing work? What does it do?

I have installed it, and have it running; but I cannot figure out how to use it.

I was hoping this product would be a better alternative to phpNuke; however, I cannot figure out the interface; to evaluate its functionality.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

JG:S

Jorge Goicochea

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn