Move logout button to the left

15 years 6 months ago #75662 by jjackson
Move logout button to the left was created by jjackson
hi there,

i'm having trouble moving the cb_logout button to the left - it's always centered in the left pane. all the other buttons and boxes seem to be controlled by the template.css file, but not this one. i've tried modifying the mod_cblogin.php file under the heading "// Logout button/icon" - "case 0" as well.

also: i'd like to change the welcome message to use the first name of the user and not the the username.

thanks for any help.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 6 months ago #75673 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Move logout button to the left
For first issue, just use getfirebug.com/ and click inspect and then the button, it should then be easy :)

For firstname, just check CB login params in backend ;)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 6 months ago #75987 by jjackson
Replied by jjackson on topic Re:Move logout button to the left
sorry, i'm a bit slow in replying. i didn't seem to get a notification email (?).
so i've checked the code in firebug a while ago. i've found the line to change, but it won't tell me where. i've sifted through the whole cblogin & comprofiler files and can't find the right line.
thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
and thanks for the tip about the mod_cblogin backend. i was looking in the configuration file.

15 years 6 months ago #75999 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:Move logout button to the left
Just change or add the line to your default template file or look in the right pane of Firebug and hover over the css filename. It will show you where the file is located.

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

15 years 6 months ago #76229 by jjackson
Replied by jjackson on topic Re:Move logout button to the left
it's not telling me where to look in that line. i only get

element.style
margin-bottom:2px;
margin-left:0;
margin-right:0;
margin-top:1.4em;
text-align:center;
{

all the others quote the template file.
and my template file doesn't seem to want to accept my text-align (it's striked-through in firebug).

thanks for any help.

15 years 4 months ago #80763 by djdorward
Replied by djdorward on topic Re:Move logout button to the left
I'm having exactly the same problem and I've spend hours trawling through virtually every file that ships with CB but still haven't found this line of code. Firebug is great for picking though external CSS, but when the CSS is inline (as I suspect it is in this case) it's not much help in identifying which php or html file you're viewing.

Surely we can't be the only 2 people who have had this problem?

I hope someone can help me before I pull all of my hair out!

Post edited by: djdorward, at: 2008/11/27 18:04

Post edited by: djdorward, at: 2008/11/27 18:05
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn