Re:Emails are not sending

15 years 3 months ago #83506 by jon.ashby
Replied by jon.ashby on topic Re:Emails are not sending
Same problem here, CB won't send any emails. For all the posts in these forums, I'm not finding a solution. Too bad, since CB seems like a really good package otherwise. But if my users can't receive notifications, then I can't use or support this application. This strikes me as a pretty serious bug!

I've tried SMTP, Sendmail, the PHP mailer.. nothing works unless I turn off CB and use the Joomla 1.5 login, which works perfectly.

I'll have a look at the code and see if I can spot anything.

For your info, I'm using Joomla 1.5, downloaded the latest CB yesterday, the address matches the domain, etc.. it works fine with any other component - only CB fails to send emails. I use the PHP mailer myself.

:(
The topic has been locked.
15 years 3 months ago #83510 by cowboysdude
Replied by cowboysdude on topic Re:Emails are not sending
I am using SMTP mail and as I stated when I turn off CB the email works fine... turn it back on ... NOTHING..

So this is A BUG with CB. Only no one will admit it or fix the problem. You can fix it if you hack the core files but I really don't feel like rewriting another program to make it work... I don't have that kind of time.
15 years 3 months ago #83515 by emdc2
Replied by emdc2 on topic Re:Emails are not sending
Beat was going to look into this bug for us, but I never heard anything back from him. I ended up going with another extension for my client's site because I couldn't get this one to work. Hopefully . . . some day . . .
15 years 3 months ago #83516 by emdc2
Replied by emdc2 on topic Re:Emails are not sending
"cowboysdude" . . . you said you can fix it if you hack the core files? Do you know what the problem is then? Can you post it so we all know what the issue is?

Thanks!

Post edited by: emdc2, at: 2008/12/27 22:08
15 years 3 months ago #83520 by cowboysdude
Replied by cowboysdude on topic Re:Emails are not sending
emdc2 wrote:

"cowboysdude" . . . you said you can fix it if you hack the core files? Do you know what the problem is then? Can you post it so we all know what the issue is?

Thanks!

Post edited by: emdc2, at: 2008/12/27 22:08

-

No I don't... I think my point was I'm not even gonna look..lol Sorry if I said that wrong and made it seem like I knew something.. I don't. Matter of fact this program is finally the program that has pushed me away from Joomla and I'm going to go with Drupal because honestly I'm tired of programs that claim they work and they don't.. Another example. Has AWESOME potential but unless your willing to 'pay' for the documentation it's kinda worthless...

I've written modules for joomla and would NEVER think to charge for them..it's a FREE CMS so in keeping with that theory I made my modules FREE...instructions included.
15 years 3 months ago #83526 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Emails are not sending
emdc2 wrote:

Beat was going to look into this bug for us, but I never heard anything back from him. I ended up going with another extension for my client's site because I couldn't get this one to work. Hopefully . . . some day . . .

Sorry that you hadn't had feedback, but we fixed a few things in there for CB 1.2 RC 4.

I'm now locking this old CB 1.2 RC 2 thread.

If you still have problems in CB 1.2 RC 4, please open a new thread in the appropriate sub-forum.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.256 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn