Blank Screen Again

15 years 5 months ago #78396 by chrisnwuk
Blank Screen Again was created by chrisnwuk
Would really appreciate some advice on this.

System spec as follows:

MacBook Pro, 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB Memory, OSX Version 10.5.4, MAMP Server, Joomla 1.5.7.

My new business website has been six months in gestation, the content is terrific, the eye candy fantastic and it works like a dream except for Community Builder (which is the only user management etc etc that fits the needs of the site).

There's precious little hair left on the head, but what there is in grave danger of being lost forever if I can't solve this problem.

Whenever I attempt to install the comprofiler component, I get a BLANK SCREEN.

I have read the README and waded through this forum and tried all the suggested fixes but nothing works.

I am sure this is MAMP Server, Joomla 1.5.7 type issue and nothing to do with Community Builder since I recently installed this component and associated modules on a friend's PC running XAMPP Server and Joomla 1.5.7 and it took all of a few minutes to install perfectly!

So, the question is to all the Mac users out there. Have you experienced this problem? Have you found a workaround? Can you suggest (in layman terms) a workaround?

All assistance most welcome since am teetering on the edge of launching computer into the stratosphere and eeking out the rest of my days on some deserted mountain top somewhere!!

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 5 months ago #78413 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:Blank Screen Again
I've never used MAC, and it's been forever since I tried WAMP or whatever it is, but...

See if the link in my signature for FAQ gives you a solution. There's a section regarding blank screens.

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

15 years 5 months ago #78779 by oby1
Replied by oby1 on topic Re:Blank Screen Again
I have almost the same equipment (macbook pro, MAMP and Joomla 1.5.7) and had the same problem.
I found the solution on the forum of MAMP
forum.webedition.de/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6711.
Even if the question was a little different the solution worked for me. I had to change the php.ini and the index.php of the administrator as suggested.
It is a question of time allowed to the system.
It worked for me but then I runned into another trouble as there are obviously some problems with cblogin and cb capcha.

15 years 4 months ago #80691 by matyes
Replied by matyes on topic Re:Blank Screen Again
I have had the same problem with MAMP, Joomla 1.5 and CB.

I solved it by activating cache (XCache) in the MAMP Preferences for the Zend Optimizer.

Until now it seems to work.

Regards
M

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn