Call to Action!

14 years 2 months ago #124730 by KatoKalin
Replied by KatoKalin on topic Re:Call to Action!
*moved*

Post edited by: KatoKalin, at: 2010/02/19 16:34

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 2 months ago #124759 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Call to Action!
Thanks for the feedbacks-and suggestions, really appreciated and heard.

This thread was for discussing ideas and suggestions for joomalpolis.com Web-site.

Please discuss upcoming CB 2.0 ideas and improvement suggestions from CB 1.2.1/upcoming 1.2.2 here on that thread, so we don't mixup:

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/catid,100/id,124757/#124757

Could posters of this thread post the CB parts into the CB 2.0 thread and edit their posts to remove them from this thread please (our moderators will then delete empty posts of here) ? Thanks :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 1 month ago #125052 by shanesr
Replied by shanesr on topic Re:Call to Action!
Glad to see the site is getting an update. Here are my thoughts:

Integrate AlphaUserPoints. Do away with the docs subscribers and replace with points. If users participate in the site (forum posts, document contribution beta testing, etc.), they earn points. Or, you can buy points. Points can be exchanged for subscriptions or plugins, mods, templates, docs, etc.

I think a bounty system would be good too. Bounties can be for things you guys get behind such as add-ons (groupjive), features (multiple managers for groups) or customizations and tweaks that users submit. If you use AUP, people can contribute points to bounties.

A directory for CB extensions would be good. JED only has GPL software and I think you could differentiate by allowing commercial products. Not to beat the points to death,... but you could charge points instead of dollars for downloads...

Support services. There are a lot of places to go for joomla developer help, but this is a natural place to come for help with CB - even if you just let third parties list their services.

Road map... With dates... That are somewhat realistic. If I have to go through another Groupjive "it's ready when it's ready" release then I take this back, don't tease me with a road map.

WIKI. I'd prefer you move all of your documentation to it. There are a lot of people like me that can design how software should be built (project manager types), but I honestly struggle with HTML. But, I can write and contribute to a wiki.

I like the BeeHeard extension or UserVoice integration. I think that is a much better way to get feedback and direction than forums. Plus,... people can vote with their points. (Ok, I'll stop with the points... I think you get the point) (Yes, corny, sorry)

Better looking user profiles. It sucks to be outdone by JomSocial.

Blogs - I visit this site almost every day. I envision that you're working on all of this cool stuff in "the lab" but I only get glimpses when an article is written or a post in the forum is made. Not to take away from development, but I'd enjoy blog-like content - just quick blurbs - on what's taking place in "the lab"

Groups.

Thanks for consideration!

Shane

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.384 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn