Site redesign

14 years 3 weeks ago #125924 by AlterNet
Site redesign was created by AlterNet
Sorry if I'm not on the correct thread, but this board is really :blink: :angry: :sick: :silly: :pinch:

Some suggestions :

* Use AlphaUserPoints:
-> Help from other users or development
-> Give access to discounts or free extensions
* Better organization of downloads
* Be warned more often Joomlapolis news, new releases, ...
* Forum with clear categories (CB 1.2.2) At each exit, the old categories are being read only and with less space (see forum.joomla.fr/)

Use Uservoice to vote on new feature requests

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 5 months ago #144182 by Enalung
Replied by Enalung on topic Re:Site redesign
I as a new user went to the forums to find informations. I've been put off by the sheer amount of forums there are.

Generally speaking, any website, publicity, book, song, have at most a few seconds to deliver what the user wants before that user is driven off. If you fail to deliver your message within those crucial seconds, chances are that you will not get a second opportunity.

Overwhelming the user is a bad idea. The blanks are as important as the actual content. The blanks help direct the attention of the user toward specific elements.

If there's too much for a single page, then usually, dividing it is the better solution. While I will scroll past the second page, the average user won't. On average, this would be about 2000 pixels considering that the average web user still owns an old 1280 by 1024 monitor. Given that this site is geared toward admins who usually own higher resolution monitors, you could get away with a bit more then that.

I'll also mention the whiteness of the site. It could use some more visual separations, again to guide the eyes to where you want them to go.

13 years 4 months ago #145899 by allander
Replied by allander on topic Re:Site redesign
Add some seo plug in.

13 years 2 months ago #150701 by sozzled™
Replied by sozzled™ on topic Re: Site redesign
G'day, guys :)

I don't know if this is the best place to say it, but congratulations on changing your forum software to Kunena. :woohoo: This is excellent! The change should also make things easier to help people find the answers to their questions.

Cheers

Read my blog and
File Attachment:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn