CB Profile Gallery 1.2 Released!

12 years 11 months ago #162421 by nant
CB Profile Gallery 1.2 Released! was created by nant
This thread discusses CB Profile Gallery 1.2 Released! .

Hopefully all bugs fixed - please post issues here and even wishlist for CB Gallery 2.0!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #162458 by TheIBFA
Replied by TheIBFA on topic Re: CB Profile Gallery 1.2 Released!
Hi and thanks for the update, I hope I'm posting in the proper area. I have both a question and a couple feature requests.

First of all thanks for this great plugin and all of the work you guys do.

I'm currently using CB Gallery 1.2 RC2, is anything different in this version other than joomla 1.6 compatability? (I didn't see a changelog in the download package.)

I feel what would make it absolutely excellent would be if all photos (including the main profile picture) were in the same gallery and the user had the option of simply clicking a link or button to change any picture in the gallery to the main profile picture instead of always having to upload a new one. Being able to re-order their photos would also be a nice touch.....&......Photo comments! This is a feature that most social web users feel is an absolute requirement now-a-days.

One more small thing, the text:
[Your current quota marks: 3/30 items 151/25000 Kbytes (0% consumed - 100% free) - single upload size 25000 Kbytes]

sounds so technical, really isn't conducive to the average social community atmosphere, and can be confusing to some. I feel that could be simplified by not stating the upload size. Maybe that should only show after they click "upload picture" ("upload new gallery image" also sounds too technical), removing the %consumed, kbytes and just simply stating something like: "You've uploaded 4 pictures out of 15"...or even better:

Using boxes to show how many picture they can still upload. For example, If admin sets the quota at 15 pictures then 15 empty boxes show when they click "upload picture" and each uploaded picture goes into a box, when they run out of boxes, it would be obvious to them that they can't upload any more pictures. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to also state on that page that they can only upload x number of pics. In addition, those boxes could be draggable which would make picture re-ordering a breeze for the user.

Just my 2 cents, thanks again to all of you guys!!!

(CB1.4 , Joomla 1.5.23)

12 years 11 months ago #162467 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: CB Profile Gallery 1.2 Released!

TheIBFA wrote: Hi and thanks for the update, I hope I'm posting in the proper area. I have both a question and a couple feature requests.

First of all thanks for this great plugin and all of the work you guys do.

I'm currently using CB Gallery 1.2 RC2, is anything different in this version other than joomla 1.6 compatability? (I didn't see a changelog in the download package.)

The Joomla 1.6 compatibility existed in the plugin but not in the module. With this release the module is also compatible now.

Some minor fixes in plugin also - nothing major.

I feel what would make it absolutely excellent would be if all photos (including the main profile picture) were in the same gallery and the user had the option of simply clicking a link or button to change any picture in the gallery to the main profile picture instead of always having to upload a new one. Being able to re-order their photos would also be a nice touch.....&......Photo comments! This is a feature that most social web users feel is an absolute requirement now-a-days.

noted for 2.0 re-write.
#2506 and #2507

One more small thing, the text:
[Your current quota marks: 3/30 items 151/25000 Kbytes (0% consumed - 100% free) - single upload size 25000 Kbytes]

sounds so technical, really isn't conducive to the average social community atmosphere, and can be confusing to some. I feel that could be simplified by not stating the upload size. Maybe that should only show after they click "upload picture" ("upload new gallery image" also sounds too technical), removing the %consumed, kbytes and just simply stating something like: "You've uploaded 4 pictures out of 15"...or even better:

You can adjust this from the CB Language files to whatever you want.

Using boxes to show how many picture they can still upload. For example, If admin sets the quota at 15 pictures then 15 empty boxes show when they click "upload picture" and each uploaded picture goes into a box, when they run out of boxes, it would be obvious to them that they can't upload any more pictures. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to also state on that page that they can only upload x number of pics. In addition, those boxes could be draggable which would make picture re-ordering a breeze for the user.

Just my 2 cents, thanks again to all of you guys!!!

(CB1.4 , Joomla 1.5.23)

Boxes idea is not bad - but things also depend on the storage.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheIBFA

12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #163168 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic CB Profile Gallery 2.x wish
Wishlist 2.0

- Multiple galleries through plugin instance? So, one can have more than one picture gallery. And may have a seperate file repository.

- Option to force squared thumbnails. This will result in a much cleaner and modern look.

- updated module for latest, random, popular, tagged thumbs. (with squared thumbnails like in Jomsocial ;-) )

- Picture tagging (not with people!!!) I mean free tagging with keywords or predefined word list. Those words describe the contents of the picture or file. The PG-Module could display thumbs by tags (and different ordering), or a usual tag text cloud.

- edit and maintenance icons in a seperate container for better CSS modification. Or display options in backend.

Thanks for listening.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn