CB GroupJive 2.4 RC Released!

12 years 7 months ago #174107 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB GroupJive 2.4 RC Released!

My only suggestion would be to make the group and category check case insensitive because I got some guys in the office to sign up and typically one entered their data in lowercase, one in UPPERCASE and one in Camel Case so we ended up with london, London and LONDON.

Great request, have added a feature ticket to address before stable release. Please post any future suggestions or issues you have to the GJ forums. :)

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #174110 by softforge
Replied by softforge on topic Re: CB GroupJive 2.4 RC Released!
Thanks, will do. I did try and post it on the forge but it was down for me at the time.

Thanks for all your great work! :cheer:

If you like our plugins, please consider writing a review on the Joomla Extension Directory or the Community Builder Directory ...

12 years 7 months ago #174430 by Madan
Replied by Madan on topic Re: CB GroupJive 2.4 RC Released!
Hello folks!

Just installed and tested GJ 2.4RC; very nice release indeed!

I have sort of a daft question; how long does it normally take for the stable release? I'm a bit anxious to implement it to my live site before I release it :cheer:

Take care y'all!

/Daniel

12 years 7 months ago #174432 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: CB GroupJive 2.4 RC Released!

Madan wrote: Hello folks!

Just installed and tested GJ 2.4RC; very nice release indeed!

I have sort of a daft question; how long does it normally take for the stable release? I'm a bit anxious to implement it to my live site before I release it :cheer:

Take care y'all!

/Daniel

Really depends on testing and feedback given from Professional members.
Do you see any issues?

12 years 7 months ago #174436 by Madan
Replied by Madan on topic Re: CB GroupJive 2.4 RC Released!
Hi Nant!

Thank you for a really swift reply!

Well, I don't get the forum integration to work (J1.5.23, CB1.7, Kunena1.6.4) but that didn't work on my installation with earlier GJ-releases either. Problem is no group-categories are created so new topics just ends up in the first of my top-categories.

Secondly; when I enter an adress for event and then click it nothing happens. I guess this is where the Google-maps function is? Do I need an additional plugin for this to work?

Thirdly; I don't know if this is really a bug but entering date/time for an event is kind of messier (sorry for being harsh) than before. My personal opinion is that the old drop-down selection is better.

That's all for now; I'll get back right away if I find anything else.

/Daniel

12 years 6 months ago #174611 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB GroupJive 2.4 RC Released!

Well, I don't get the forum integration to work (J1.5.23, CB1.7, Kunena1.6.4) but that didn't work on my installation with earlier GJ-releases either. Problem is no group-categories are created so new topics just ends up in the first of my top-categories.

You need to first create a category within Kunena. Once done you need to go to GJ configuration followed by the Forum integration tab and select that category as the top level category. Now run GJ tools and it should find all the groups with missing forums and allow you to do a "Fix All". Afterwards they should then create automatically when a category or group is created.

Secondly; when I enter an adress for event and then click it nothing happens. I guess this is where the Google-maps function is? Do I need an additional plugin for this to work?

Yes, this is where the Google maps feature is. Could you please review browser error log to see if a fatal error is present when clicking? Please if possible provide the address you attempted to use (PM to me if wanting to keep private) so I may test; it's possible some formats cause problems.

Thirdly; I don't know if this is really a bug but entering date/time for an event is kind of messier (sorry for being harsh) than before. My personal opinion is that the old drop-down selection is better.

Code wise the drop-downs caused massive problems and was a nightmare to validate against. It's all 1 nice easy to use pop-up calendar. Am sorry, but the drop-downs will not be returning.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.270 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn