New Developer Membership

12 years 4 months ago #181662 by meloman
Replied by meloman on topic Re: New Developer Membership
There should be 2 types of developper membership.

A membership like you already described: cost more than all other memberships but have a lot of benefits for people building websites for clients.

A membership for developers providing free and open-source software for CB. This one would be free but available for developers who already released a free and open-source CB plugin. Developers would have access to CB beta releases so they won't be in a hurry to support every new version after they are available for download.

What do you think? Ok you won't make a penny with my idea but it would provide better support for Community Builder and third party plugins! ;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago #182853 by rmishra
Replied by rmishra on topic Re: New Developer Membership
Hello Everyone!!!

I am new to Joomla and CB . I am a developer but I am not looking for supporting any client of mine with, but I am interested in new release or beta version of new development to look for new enhancement in my site. So if this is the case I feel developer version will help me . (waiting for release). But if it is charged in such a way that exponentiation high compared to other sub package then I might have to settle my plan with some other option.

I wanted to bring this point as if it is for developer ,, then you can put license as per number of users say 1- 5 Group ,5-20, 20-100,100 and more , and cost accordingly varies. This will not trouble small owner and big champ too .. This is just a thought , but I am really waiting for a Dev version.

12 years 4 months ago #183686 by MacJoomla
Replied by MacJoomla on topic Re: New Developer Membership
Hello, i have been just aware of new Developper membership and i have to say, i am not happy at all with this. Long time ago i was becoming a paying member to support community builder and get latest versions and documentation. Then membership modell was splitted in Advanced and Professional membership. Suddenly i was only an advanced member and had to upgrade to professional membership to get latest versions like beta versions. So far okay, but now i take a look at the news memberships chart at www.joomlapolis.com/memberships and what have i to see? Again i was kicked as professional member out of group to get the beta versions in time and would have to get a developper subscription to do so. What will come next…?

Some little thoughts of Macjoomla

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #183689 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: New Developer Membership

MacJoomla wrote: Hello, i have been just aware of new Developper membership and i have to say, i am not happy at all with this. Long time ago i was becoming a paying member to support community builder and get latest versions and documentation. Then membership modell was splitted in Advanced and Professional membership. Suddenly i was only an advanced member and had to upgrade to professional membership to get latest versions like beta versions. So far okay, but now i take a look at the news memberships chart at www.joomlapolis.com/memberships and what have i to see? Again i was kicked as professional member out of group to get the beta versions in time and would have to get a developper subscription to do so. What will come next…?

Some little thoughts of Macjoomla

Thanks for your feedback.

Just some clarification points.
Please keep in mind that we have never made beta versions available.
Up to now only RC version have been made available to Professional members.
So the beta deal is something brand new - not taking anything away from Professional membership.

IMO the membership model was not split as you state it. The documentation subscribers became Advanced members with same privileges (we also gave existing doc members at the time free access to incubator area that was introduced for Professional members).

The Developer plan is not meant to replace the Professional plan. It is for integrators that use Joomlapolis products on their customer websites and that have need for support backup on all of these customer (not their own) websites.

We have researched various Developer plans on other Joomla extension provider websites before proposing this and we have also openly asked for opinions and feedback on our forums.

Additional note after first response:
We are very self-aware and always discuss ways to reward our long term supporters. We are always thinking of ways to reward them. For example during our 400K celebration we gave our long term members a greater discount than new members.
Unfortunately (or fortunately) we need to move forward with more offerings and products.

12 years 4 months ago #183690 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: New Developer Membership

meloman wrote:
A membership for developers providing free and open-source software for CB. This one would be free but available for developers who already released a free and open-source CB plugin. Developers would have access to CB beta releases so they won't be in a hurry to support every new version after they are available for download.

Many such developers have joined our test team to get just that - early access to new releases.

12 years 3 months ago #183973 by meloman
Replied by meloman on topic Re: New Developer Membership

nant wrote: Many such developers have joined our test team to get just that - early access to new releases.

I was not aware there was a test team developer could join. Can you give me more info on that?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.918 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn