CB DB Lookup Field plugin 1.0 Released

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #194158 by rnomis
Replied by rnomis on topic Re: CB DB Lookup Field plugin 1.0 Released
Hi Nick,

OK, managed to mangle my way through thanks.

I now have the table looking similar to the Wiki.

I have 4 registration codes and I have tested it out by registering a new member and all works smoothly.

I see that each code can only be used once.
What I want to do is for each different code, I want to create many users with different access. For example, everyone entering hello1 should be a Registered User and those entering hello2 should be editors etc.

Can it be done? If so, how can I do this?

Thanks

Simon

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #194187 by nant

rnomis wrote: Hi Nick,

OK, managed to mangle my way through thanks.

I now have the table looking similar to the Wiki.

I have 4 registration codes and I have tested it out by registering a new member and all works smoothly.

I see that each code can only be used once.
What I want to do is for each different code, I want to create many users with different access. For example, everyone entering hello1 should be a Registered User and those entering hello2 should be editors etc.

Can it be done? If so, how can I do this?

Thanks

Simon

You should be able to create an auto action to do this. See tutorials for examples.

12 years 1 month ago #194194 by rnomis
Thanks Nick I will look at this later.
I didn't explain very well in my question. Could I just clarify if each code can be used just once or can it be used more than once?
For example, if I just wanted one code for everyone to use for registration, I could just email it from an existing mailing list outside of Joomla.

From the example used in the Wiki, once a code has been used once, it cannot be used again.

Sorry to be a pain but sql is a bit of a mystery to me :-)

Simon

12 years 1 month ago #194198 by nant
Just remove all references to userid in wiki.

This means your table does not need to have a userid column and your queries do not need to have the AND 'userid' = '0' parts and the 'userid' = '[userid]' part.

12 years 1 month ago #194202 by rnomis
Great, thanks for your help.

I need to ask a question about AutoActions as the example I looked at doesn't seem to work. I will go to the right forum.

I have started documenting the steps taken for the registration codes including screenshots and the Mysql statement needed to create the table. It may help people at my level to get started.

Would it help if I posted these? Where/how should I do this if you think this a good idea?

12 years 1 month ago #194204 by nant
please start new thread in professional support area.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rnomis

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn