CB GroupJive 2.5 is here!

12 years 1 month ago #194361 by scottie33t
Replied by scottie33t on topic Re: CB GroupJive 2.5 is here!
Nant, I just saw this thread. Is that a list of outstanding bugs or is it a list of all bugs that have been fixed? I'm a little nervous about upgrading CB and GJ on a live site. There is hours of customizations ranging from language, CSS, and avatar customizations that I don't want to have to redo, if not necessary.

I'm largely worried about "notifications", if they are emailed to group owner correcty when a new user requests to join their group. I believe this wasn't working in GJ 2.5RC.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #194373 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: CB GroupJive 2.5 is here!

scottie33t wrote: Nant, I just saw this thread. Is that a list of outstanding bugs or is it a list of all bugs that have been fixed? I'm a little nervous about upgrading CB and GJ on a live site. There is hours of customizations ranging from language, CSS, and avatar customizations that I don't want to have to redo, if not necessary.

I'm largely worried about "notifications", if they are emailed to group owner correcty when a new user requests to join their group. I believe this wasn't working in GJ 2.5RC.

I don't know what more to say.

If your language changes are made in an installed language plugin and not by hacking the default language files, then your changes will not be over-written.

If you css changes were made in your joomla template then CB upgrade will not affect this.

You should ofc first try upgrade on a cloned environment before doing it on a live site.

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #194384 by scottie33t
Replied by scottie33t on topic Re: CB GroupJive 2.5 is here!
So have these bugs been fixed? Are there still any issues with group permissions (the permissions glitch in GJ 2.4)?

Have email notifications been fixed (a issue with GJ 2.5 RC), so a email is sent to group owner correcty when a new user requests to join their group. This wasn't working in GJ 2.5RC.

I just want to make sure, before doing all this on a live site. Unfortunately there are a lot of language changes, and GJ file CSS (not site template) and CB Avatar changes I've done and I just want to be safe before I redo all this, to later find out I have to revert back to the previous software due to new found glitches that impair the site. Do you advise I wait until CB 1.8.1 and GJ 2.5.1?

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #194385 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB GroupJive 2.5 is here!

So have these bugs been fixed?

Yes, it's a list of fixed bugs and implemented features.

Are there still any issues with group permissions (the permissions glitch in GJ 2.4)?

All known permissions issues are fixed with GJ 2.5.

Have email notifications been fixed (a issue with GJ 2.5 RC), so a email is sent to group owner correcty when a new user requests to join their group. This wasn't working in GJ 2.5RC.

All notifications were re-reviewed and re-tested and fixed for GJ 2.5.

Do you advise I wait until CB 1.8.1 and GJ 2.5.1?

No, waiting would never end as maybe you'd decide to wait for CB 2.0 instead of 1.8.1, etc.. just upgrade and then we'll tackle any new issues you may run into from then onward. It doesn't help us or you to be using an out of date release that maybe have known issues already fixed as you'll just keep posting about issues we've probably already fixed. 1 bug could easily cause 20 "symptoms", which seam like 20 different bugs. I highly recommend you stop making core edits as this is specifically why we advise against them; it makes it very difficult to upgrade and it makes you second guess if you should upgrade or not. As for the template you may want to download MyCommunity or Coolness and review how to provide your own CB template so you don't have to keep changing the default one with each update. For upgrading the answer should always be "do it". :)

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 9 months ago #203869 by montana
Replied by montana on topic Re: CB GroupJive 2.5 is here!
I detected that my Site Using GJ 2.1

I read the whole GJ Manual and could not find anything about.
Readed by the Forum something about Autoupgrade, but there is no option about a Autoupgrade visible.

So I would like to know how to Upgrade to 2.52
in the best way, without making something wrong?
I use the Latest: Joomla 2.56 , CB 1.81

11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #203870 by jojo12
Replied by jojo12 on topic Re: CB GroupJive 2.5 is here!
Hi

I think, from GJ 2.1 to GJ 2.5.2 there should be no problem to update.
If you want you can take the whole package, you choose what you want and need and install it with joomla installer.
Or you download GJ2.5.2 with single items from advanced member downloads, unpack it and install one by one over the old GJ2.1. Then perhaps you have to reactivate each integration.
You'll wonder how many new possibilities are there. I am enthusiastic!

I forgot: After updating, Use the gj tools to find and correct some errors!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn