New CB Core Fields Ajax plugin released!

11 years 11 months ago #199770 by beat
@ All: this is a news discussion thread, not a support thread. I'm now locking this thread.

Please open separate threads for issues still present, in the corresponding sections for support (as this is a Professional Membership, that would be in Professional Support forum, where you will have same-or-next business day first answer.

Open one thread per issue please.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
The topic has been locked.
11 years 11 months ago #199779 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: New CB Core Fields Ajax plugin released!
Previous support posts have been moved to the following threads.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/198660-latest-core-fields-ajax-not-working

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/198619-re-core-fields-ajax-not-working-on-profile

Please do not post any further support issues here as these are not support forums.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
11 years 7 months ago #209651 by FrankHunter
Replied by FrankHunter on topic Re: New CB Core Fields Ajax plugin released!
Hi CBuilders.. (excuse my english)
I have a question about this plugin.

Users can add new fields while they are filling the registration?
For example... a new field for more than one telephone number?

My case: i have restaurants like members of a website and I need new users can add lines for your menu... every menu a line.

Is for the public while they are filling the registration and, off course, for actually registers users.

Can you help me about this?
Regards,
Frank Hunter
11 years 7 months ago #209678 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic Re: New CB Core Fields Ajax plugin released!

FrankHunter wrote: ...
Users can add new fields while they are filling the registration?
For example... a new field for more than one telephone number?
My case: i have restaurants like members of a website and I need new users can add lines for your menu... every menu a line.
Is for the public while they are filling the registration and, off course, for actually registers users.

Not sure if I got your idea...
but Core-Fields-AJAX is neither a new field type, nor it allows to duplicate or repeat any field. It is not used for registration process. It is used for editing profile fields.

It allows the user to change the field value in place. No need to go to edit-user-profile page. Usually, the user edits the fields on a special page/form. All fields in one go. With Core-Fields-AJAX you can edit the data right on your profile. One by one.

Your application sounds like this:
You want to add/repeat fields. This is not possible. An admin has to create all fields that your users might need. You can decide if you see the fields on registration OR after registration.
If you dont´t want to show too many fields at once... there is a workaround: CB Conditional plugin. It allows you to show more fields based on another field i.e:

(Checkbox) Are you a movie fan? YES/NO
YES -> Then show 3 additional Text input fields for your 3 favourite movie titles
9 years 4 months ago #254835 by glenanPL
Replied by glenanPL on topic New CB Core Fields Ajax plugin released!
It works fine in "Profil view"
But I can't find the possibility for "Userlist view" like in CB 1.9!
This functionality will come back?
Thank you for the answer
9 years 4 months ago #254839 by nant
Replied by nant on topic New CB Core Fields Ajax plugin released!

glenanPL wrote: It works fine in "Profil view"
But I can't find the possibility for "Userlist view" like in CB 1.9!
This functionality will come back?
Thank you for the answer

Please post a new support request on the Professional forums for this.

Locking this thread.
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.696 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn