CB Connect 4.0.0 released!

11 years 4 weeks ago #223381 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Connect 4.0.0 released!

I just wanted get clarification on using CBConnect with CBsubs. If someone registers with social network credentials, will newcomers bypass the registration page (where they complete their contact info) and immediately go into the plan page and then payment?

No, they will immediately bypass registration and be logged in. You can set the registration redirect URL to be to the CBSubs plans page though where they can then select a subscription

If we need to collect other info that is not collected or synced with social networks, does that mean certain fields cannot be set up as "required" or does it simply ignore this parameter?

Any fields you do not or can not map from the social site will need to be completed at profile edit.

I suppose the only way to collect the info is after the fact with users editing their own profiles. Is that right?

Correct.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 4 weeks ago #223408 by AlexRag
Replied by AlexRag on topic CB Connect 4.0.0 released!

No, they will immediately bypass registration and be logged in. You can set the registration redirect URL to be to the CBSubs plans page though where they can then select a subscription

Will this affect anyone who does not use CBConnect to register or sign in?

11 years 4 weeks ago #223418 by krileon

Will this affect anyone who does not use CBConnect to register or sign in?

No, CB Connect settings have no affect on those who register and/or login without it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 3 weeks ago #223655 by Roland
Replied by Roland on topic CB Connect 4.0.0 released!
Hello,

any plans to integrate Xing (xing.de - 13 Mio. Business Members - mostly German).

They use oAuth1.0...

Greetings, Roland

www.simple-quality.de - The Quality-Web-Portal

11 years 3 weeks ago #223963 by krileon
Not likely as only absolutely major social sites or login systems will be implemented to avoid over bloating the plugin. More niche sites should be implemented by yourself or others as needed. I am also avoiding oAuth 1.0 social sites as much as possible due to the complications with such implementations.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

10 years 6 months ago #235343 by A Human
Replied by A Human on topic CB Connect 4.0.0 released!
Hi
we have; J2.5.14
CB 1.9

we have downloaded : plug_cbconnect-522
when using CB plugin manager to install we get ;
Upload showPlugins - Upload Failed
ERROR: Could not find an XML setup file in the package.

suggestions please
cheers

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn