CB Query Field 3.0.0 released!

9 years 9 months ago #246327 by pasquale1980
Replied by pasquale1980 on topic CB Query Field 3.0.0 released!
Hi, I'm trying to create dropdown related with CB Conditional. The problem is that it does not always work, that is not always displays or hides the set fields, and when I set new parameters in a second dropdown the first loses the previously entered settings. Am I wrong in something? Why lose its settings?
Thank you.

Pasquale
The topic has been locked.
9 years 9 months ago #246342 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Query Field 3.0.0 released!
I don't understand. Losing settings? Please provide a screenshot of how you're configuring your conditionals. Please be careful with conditioning the same fields multiple times as only the last conditional applied to a field matters. Please see the below tutorial to get started with CB Conditional.

www.joomlapolis.com/support/tutorials/107-use-cases/18336-using-cb-conditionals-to-hide-or-show-fields-or-tabs

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
9 years 9 months ago #246357 by djdesjardins
Replied by djdesjardins on topic CB Query Field 3.0.0 released!

pasquale1980 wrote: Hello, I am trying to create with CB Conditional of the Dropdown related that reading the values ​​from the database.
Example: I have 3 Dropdown and in the database:

Continent State City
Europe Italy Milan
Europe Italy Rome
Europe Germany Berlin
Europe Germany Monaco
Europe Spain Madrid
Europe Spain Barcelona

how is it possible to filter the dropdown directly on the database, so that if I choose Europe the second Dropdown to return

Italy
Germany
Spain

and if I choose Italy, the third Dropdown to retarn

Milan
Rome

I am trying to implement the same pattern. Did you find an approach?
9 years 9 months ago #246360 by pasquale1980
Replied by pasquale1980 on topic CB Query Field 3.0.0 released!
Sorry for my not perfect English. Example: I have two dropdowns, in CB Conditional in the tab structure there are 5 tabs where I have set 3 conditions by using "Equal To", the condition of the first tab works fine while the condition of the second and third tabs do not work. The other problem is that if I insert a condition in the second dropdown tab, the conditions of the first dropdown will be lost (eg. lose the settings made previously, the selection in blue of the line returns to normal). I enclose a picture of example of how I set a condition.
Thank you.

Pasquale

Attachments:
9 years 9 months ago #246362 by erilam
Replied by erilam on topic CB Query Field 3.0.0 released!
Hello,

it's a bit hard to read your picture because too large for a screenshot. If I can propose something based on my own experience, you should use the conditional "field conditional self" on your contry based on the result of your field continent. If the result is ok you display your droplist else you hide. And you do the same for cities with a conditional based on the result of country.
If you do like that you will have a display chained on your conditions adn it will works fine. I regulary used it on my project and it's the best way to avoid the conflicts.

Hope it helps ;)

Eric Lamy (erix)
www.agerix.fr/
9 years 9 months ago #246364 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Query Field 3.0.0 released!
I could not confirm your issue. I don't see how or why the parameters would suddenly be lost, but appears working fine in all my tests. As erilam suggested though you should be using Conditional Self on your various state and city fields. Example as follows.

Field > Conditioned Field
City > State
State > Country

What the above means is the city is checking what state is and showing/hiding it self based off its value. State is then conditioning country to see what its value is and then show/hiding it self based off its value. Ensure value resetting is enabled within CB Conditional > Settings though as you'll need it for multi-tier conditions like this.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.269 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn