CB Query Field 3.0.0 released!

9 years 5 months ago #249739 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Query Field 3.0.0 released!
If you want to condition against viewing user profile data you don't need CB Query Field. Set your CB Condition to Custom > Value then just substitute in the viewing users profile data. See the below tutorial for substitution usage information and see my examples in my previous reply.

www.joomlapolis.com/support/tutorials/107-use-cases/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The topic has been locked.
9 years 5 months ago #249758 by pasquale1980
Replied by pasquale1980 on topic CB Query Field 3.0.0 released!
Thanks, I solved by comparing the logged in user types ([cb:userdata field="cb_usertype" user="#me" /]) with the (user type).

Is it possible do the same work for the menù items in the user profile? I hid "Tab Photos" fot the user "Company" so I wish that not appear on the menu the itmes "Update your picture" and "Delete Picture"
9 years 5 months ago #249797 by krileon
You could use CB Auto Actions on the profile display trigger using a Code action to add CSS or jQuery to remove those menu items. Note those menu items are removed in CB 2.0. Aside from that no, there's no way to condition the menu items without altering core code of CB Menu.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
9 years 5 months ago #249803 by pasquale1980
I saw that the official release of version 2.0 is scheduled for the day 9. I wait the new version so I see the changes that it going to apply and then I set it. Can I safely install it on the site already in place? The installed components will continue to function?
Thanks.
9 years 4 months ago #252558 by pasquale1980
Is it possible to concatenate strings with CB Query?
Ex. SELECT 'Mister' + `firstname` FROM `#__comprofiler` WHERE `id` = '[user_id]'
Thanks.
9 years 4 months ago #252595 by krileon
Yes, you need to use MYSQL function concat. Please see MYSQL documentation below.

dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/index.html

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.350 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn