CB Auto 5.1.3 released with CRON job URLs and more actions!

10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #231825 by dotcom22
I don't see how to use this news Internal trigger. Is possible now to set an action who generate a Url who can usable by Cron or by an external Api ?

I have a case where this could be useful for me but I did not understand if this new trigger could do what I need. In fact I use a remote non-joomla software who contain same user data present in CB. My goal would be to update CB using Api provided by this software. In practice for example, if a user update his email in the software, I would like update his email in CB. Actually I do exactly the opposite with auto-action (post request) that mean if CB user update his profile, his data are updated also in the remote software.

So I would like make a "two-way update" for always sync user data between software and joomla. Your new trigger could be used for that ?

I use Joomla 3.3.6 - CB 2.0.4 - CBSubs 4 - Several Incubator plugins

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 7 months ago #231890 by krileon
You create a new Action. You then add either "Internal Users" or "Internal General" trigger to it. You then navigate to the URLs provided within CB Auto Actions > Config > Internal. Depending on the URL it will fire the "Internal Users" or "Internal General" actions. You can use these URLs in CRON, HTTP Requests, Bookmarks, etc..

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #231894 by dotcom22
Ok I see now... It was because I do not know where to find the url.

However this new trigger could be used for the case I explained ? If not have you some usage example ?

I use Joomla 3.3.6 - CB 2.0.4 - CBSubs 4 - Several Incubator plugins

10 years 7 months ago #231899 by krileon
Probably not. You need to implement into your external system a database connection to your Joomla site and have it update their information in _comprofiler directly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn