Community Builder 2.0 b2 released!

10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #241825 by krileon

do you have an eta on 2.0 final

No, sorry we do not. We're working as quickly as possible to get to a Beta 3, RC, then Stable (possibly another Beta after 3 depending on what we put in). Upgrading the backend is taking longer than expected. Note when we do reach stable I will still need some time to get the various integrations upgraded.

When I click on a profile there is NO way I can actually get back to that selection.

Will that be fixed with 2.0?

Possibly, the filters now properly have names separate from actual field names of a user so it should be easy to send those values back without it causing any conflicts like it does now. I'll know more once we get all the filters put back in. Ideally it should probably keep in memory (session? cookie?) the values you selected so it'll always re-display the same until you clear it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pepperstreet

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 1 month ago #241831 by socialfan

Possibly, the filters now properly have names separate from actual field names of a user so it should be easy to send those values back without it causing any conflicts like it does now. I'll know more once we get all the filters put back in. Ideally it should probably keep in memory (session? cookie?) the values you selected so it'll always re-display the same until you clear it.

At least the possibility on the userlist to go to the profile with "open in new tab" would mean a lot to me.

10 years 1 month ago #241862 by rpitera
Replied by rpitera on topic Community Builder 2.0 b2 released!
I've been involved in some other projects for awhile so this is the first chance I've had to get back to CB and I'm so excited. :woohoo: Do you plan to have a demo site for non developer members to check out at any time in the near future?
The following user(s) said Thank You: parkbenchbruce

10 years 1 month ago #241864 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Community Builder 2.0 b2 released!

Do you plan to have a demo site for non developer members to check out at any time in the near future?

We'll update our demosites to CB 2.0 once it has gone stable and the various plugins are ready for it. Professional subscribers will receive a build of CB 2.0 before we go stable.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 1 month ago #241876 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic Community Builder 2.0 b2 released! - Avatar gallery

krileon wrote: Suggestions are certainly welcome. If you manage to find a nice generic image set that's open source with a license that'd allow us to distribute with CB we can absolutely take a look.

How many images? Which default sizes has the new gallery (tn, full)? I assume JPG? Or does it also take transparent PNG? (that would allow nice variations by CSS background color ;-) )

10 years 1 month ago #241894 by krileon

How many images? Which default sizes has the new gallery (tn, full)? I assume JPG? Or does it also take transparent PNG? (that would allow nice variations by CSS background color ;-) )

PNG with transparent backgrounds would be best so we can do a deep compression on them and also have customization options. JPG with white background and good compression is also nice, but you don't need to worry too much about the compression as we can handle that. Ideally the full size images should be at least 200x200 (thumbnails as 100x100); they absolutely need to be squared.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: pepperstreet

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.356 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn