Family Plan Membership - Part 1 tutorial

10 years 1 month ago #241839 by nant

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 8 months ago #246929 by mvinfoway
I am working on a fresh install of Joomla (3.1.1) on PHP version 5.4.23 with Community Builder (1.9.1) and CB Subs 3.0.0. I have created three plans: student, individual and corporate.

I need to create a family plan/Corporate plan similar to those described in your tutorials, however I do not want to limit the number of individuals who can be added to the plan the way it is set up in the Part 1 Tutorial . The method with Coupon Generation for Family Plan Subscription ( second use case in the Part 2 tutorial ) is much closer to my use case.

My question: Do I need to follow the entire part 1 tutorial and then make the modifications for Part 2, or do I just need to start with Part 2?

Here are more details on my use case: A user creates a Corporate Membership that expires at the end of the next fiscal year. They can invite as many people (secondary Members) from their organization to join this Corporate Membership at no extra cost. The people they invite may:
  1. Already have a membership (free or individual)- and ask them which they would prefer to have
  2. Not have a membership account yet

The secondary/child members should expire with the primary member, and also renew with the primary member.

The primary member must have a method to remove members during the subscription period.

When a secondary member is added, they must be asked to check 4 custom CB Subs fields if they have not already.

At renewal, all Corporate/Family members must review and accept these four check boxes or their membership will not be activated.

Any tips are appreciated.

9 years 8 months ago #247028 by mvinfoway
Replied by mvinfoway on topic how to use the coupon codes?
I have implemented the second use case in the "Purchasing Discount coupons" tutorial and I am now creating coupons when a user registers for a particular membership, however I am not able to use the coupon codes.

Does the coupon code go in the "Invite Code" field on the register page? Or do I need to create a Coupon Code field in Community Builder and add it to certain types of memberships?

9 years 8 months ago #247037 by nant
Replied by nant on topic how to use the coupon codes?

mvinfoway wrote: I have implemented the second use case in the "Purchasing Discount coupons" tutorial and I am now creating coupons when a user registers for a particular membership, however I am not able to use the coupon codes.

Does the coupon code go in the "Invite Code" field on the register page? Or do I need to create a Coupon Code field in Community Builder and add it to certain types of memberships?

The coupon code needs to be communicated to the final recipient by the purchaser.

The tutorial shows you how to create a coupon when a purchaser buys the family membership.
It also shows you how to display the code on the purchasers profile page.

9 years 8 months ago #247048 by mvinfoway
Replied by mvinfoway on topic how to use the coupon codes?
Thanks for the reply, nant.

I have followed the tutorial "Purchasing Discount Coupons" and have successfully created coupon codes (displayed under CB Subs -> Promotions -- see attachment 1) and in my profile (attachment #2) when a user creates a certain type of membership. But, I am unable to use the coupons. I have the coupon code and I'm trying to create a family membership.

Where would a user input the coupon? I tried inputting it in the invite code field and it said that the code was not valid.

Are coupons the same as Invite Codes?

Do I have to create a CB field called coupons?

Is there something wrong with the coupon that I've created?

I have read the documentation that comes with CB subs but it only shows how to create coupons/promotions and does not explain how to use them.
Attachments:

9 years 3 months ago #254268 by hac
Hi,

I read the Family Plan tutorial, and need something similar. I need a Corporate plan (basically your Family plan) which allows 1 free Individual plan when you purchase the Corporate Plan. But when they purchase the Corporate plan, they provide the individual person's details. So, the Individual plan, needs to be created at the same time as the Corporate plan is created (rather than having the person login and 'Create' the Individual plan). Is it possible to have the Individual plan created at the same time as when the Corporate plan is purchased?

Thank you.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn