Community Builder 2.0 beta 5 released !

9 years 8 months ago #246722 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Community Builder 2.0 beta 5 released !
Yes, it's possible it was caused by an earlier Beta. Beta 1 or 2 may be the culprit as it wasn't as forgiving when it comes to upgrades. Beta 4 and 5 do pretty well upgrading though. I've tested from 1.9.1 and Beta 4 as working fine, but I can't guarantee if the older Betas will upgrade fine.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 8 months ago #246730 by pepperstreet
Profile Edit - Flat layout

Just tested the flat profile edit layout. Actually it is what the name implies, but I would suggest to include at least the usual tab names as a visual divider. i.e. markup as simple spans/headings. If not needed, they could be easily hidden by CSS and their special class.

Otherwise, I would have to create extra "Delimiter fields" for this purpose.

Some more suggestions:

I could also imagine other build-in layout styles
  • standard form "field groups".
  • what about Bootstrap Accordions/Sliders (aka Collapse in BS3).
  • BS3 Panels would be a nice option, since they do not require any JS script.

9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #246733 by martinmg
Hi,

I upgraded from 1.9.1 to CB2.0 beta5 on J!3.3.1 and got the following error:

Fatal error: Class 'Archive_Tar' not found in /../../public_html/test/j30/libraries/CBLib/CB/Legacy/cbInstaller.php on line 126

When I tried to open CB from the menu backend I got the following notice:

Warning: file /../../public_html/test/j30/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/pluginsfiles.tgz still exists. This is probably due to the fact that first installation step did not complete, or second installation step did not take place. If you are sure that first step has been performed, you need to execute second installation step before using CB. You can do this now by clicking here: please click here to continue next and last installation step.

I tried to click on the link to continue the installation, but the first error message reoccured. When I installed the package a second time it seems to work.

Update:

When I try to access a profile list (e.g. index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userslist&Itemid=297)

I get the following error Fatal error: Cannot access static:: when no class scope is active in /../../public_html/test/j30/libraries/CBLib/CBLib/Language/Pluralization.php on line 53

9 years 8 months ago #246736 by krileon

Just tested the flat profile edit layout. Actually it is what the name implies, but I would suggest to include at least the usual tab names as a visual divider. i.e. markup as simple spans/headings. If not needed, they could be easily hidden by CSS and their special class.

You can use "Custom HTML" fields for that purpose.

I could also imagine other build-in layout styles…

We're not adding anymore layouts. Those provided were already there and we've just made it an option to use either/or. We've plans for a layout builder and XML usage on frontend so we don't want to implement then have to remove. A lot of your suggestions can be done with CB Auto Actions adding jQuery to the page if you're wanting them now.

I upgraded from 1.9.1 to CB2.0 beta5 on J!3.3.1 and got the following error:

Please provide what PHP version your server is using. We've confirmed working fine upgrading from 1.9.1 to Beta 5. I've confirmed again this morning. So I'm unsure what is causing your issues. Are you upgrading from a clean Joomla and CB 1.9.1 install?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 8 months ago #246738 by martinmg

Please provide what PHP version your server is using. We've confirmed working fine upgrading from 1.9.1 to Beta 5. I've confirmed again this morning. So I'm unsure what is causing your issues. Are you upgrading from a clean Joomla and CB 1.9.1 install?

My site is running on PHP 5.3.20. I did the upgrade to Beta 5 on a copy of my live site. My live site has had several upgrades during the years both regarding Joomla and CB.

9 years 8 months ago #246740 by krileon

My site is running on PHP 5.3.20. I did the upgrade to Beta 5 on a copy of my live site. My live site has had several upgrades during the years both regarding Joomla and CB.

If possible is your host able to upgrade you to PHP 5.4? If they can then please upgrade and see if issue persists.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn