Community Builder 2.0 beta 5 released !

9 years 9 months ago #246922 by pepperstreet

krileon wrote: Run the Canvas tool within CB > Tools.
The way the nested tabs work is simply a tab display mode. Each display mode that has a tabbed output also has a nested output. In the case of the tab menu you've "Tab Menu", which is normal menu bar display. Then you've "Nested Tab Menu", which is the "More" dropdown. There's no limit to how many tabs you place on "Nested Tab Menu", but "Tab Menu" is limited to the amount of space available. I've already improved the more dropdown to never overflow with next release though so that should help avoid it disappearing.

Latest Joomla 2.5 and CB 2.0 beta5. I am already using the Canvas layout. But I can't get a Nested Menu Tab display. I have set several tabs to this style in the same Canvas position. Everything shows up like a regular horizontal "menu". No nesting, no "More" label.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 9 months ago #246923 by krileon
Place tabs in a position (e.g. Canvas Main Middle) with display of Menu Tab. Next repeat this except set their display to Nested Menu Tab. This appears to be working perfectly fine in all my tests. Note in Beta 5 the "More" menu item can overflow off the menu bar. This happens if there are too many tabs in the position displayed as Menu Tab. In next release the More item can't overflow anymore and is always visible if there are tabs on it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #246934 by mjl1817
Replied by mjl1817 on topic Community Builder 2.0 beta 5 released !
No matter what I do I am getting this error when I try to upload a image or audio file:
Error
Password : Password and verification do not match, please try again.

This is a fresh install of beta5

I also have the same setup on the same server at a different domain address that was upgraded from beta4 and it works just fine...

I have gone so far as to delete the entire domain account and load everything from scratch, yet it changes nothing..

If I go to the profile edit and put in the password then it works fine....

I wish I knew, Then we would both know.

9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #246935 by pepperstreet
Nested Tab Menu

krileon wrote: Place tabs in a position (e.g. Canvas Main Middle) with display of Menu Tab. Next repeat this except set their display to Nested Menu Tab. This appears to be working perfectly fine in all my tests. Note in Beta 5 the "More" menu item can overflow off the menu bar.

Sorry, no success, nor visual changes on my J!2.5 test installation. I just get the usual "tab menu" style.

User Lists (already reported by another user. Found "beat"s post and quick fix !)

Just noticed that I can't display any user list. Tried simple default and a copy with grid layout. Menu item result and direct links are totally blank?! No error in console. Page source is only empty head and body tags.
Fatal error: ../libraries/CBLib/CBLib/Language/Pluralization.php on line 53

jQuery error - on profile view

I noticed the following error in console:
Error: Unknown function name '[object Object]' for timeago
jquery.timeago.min.js:1

9 years 9 months ago #246936 by redhart
Replied by redhart on topic Community Builder 2.0 beta 5 released !
I was having a strange issue with B5 (a few days after upgrade from B4)

When I take the site offline, nobody can login via the frontend. To cut the endless things I tried short the issue is\was related to the "Community Builder System plugin".

By default it had "Redirect URL's" and "Pass Return URL's" enabled. I had to disable them both and enabled "Rewrite URL's" and then could finally login. Am I missing something?

9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #246940 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Community Builder 2.0 beta 5 released !

No matter what I do I am getting this error when I try to upload a image or audio file:
Error
Password : Password and verification do not match, please try again.

Do you have some sort of browser auto complete? For example LastPass that auto-fills in your password? If you do it's likely filling in the first password field everytime you go to profile edit, but the second verify field won't be auto-filled resulting in that error.

Sorry, no success, nor visual changes on my J!2.5 test installation. I just get the usual "tab menu" style.

No idea then. It's working fine here. Please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look.

jQuery error - on profile view

I noticed the following error in console:
Error: Unknown function name '[object Object]' for timeago
jquery.timeago.min.js:1

Enable debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration and see if issue is gone.

I was having a strange issue with B5 (a few days after upgrade from B4)

When I take the site offline, nobody can login via the frontend. To cut the endless things I tried short the issue is\was related to the "Community Builder System plugin".

By default it had "Redirect URL's" and "Pass Return URL's" enabled. I had to disable them both and enabled "Rewrite URL's" and then could finally login. Am I missing something?

It prevents Joomla user component pages from being accessed. Looks like the offline login page is also being affected. Have created a bug ticket to fix.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/4558

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjl1817

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.279 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn