Community Builder 2.0 beta 5 released !

9 years 8 months ago #246702 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Community Builder 2.0 beta 5 released !
Hi Berilac,
Thanks for the feedback!

beta to beta upgrades are not officially supported, but we try to make sure they work at least with 2 upgrades if not with one. Thanks for the error pasted. We are looking into what may have happened.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 8 months ago #246704 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Community Builder 2.0 beta 5 released !

Having a similar sort of issue with _UE in some fields on members lists being displayed, but my profile page is not being displayed at all. Just a white screen?

That's probably due to the duplicate plugins and causing an error. You'll need to remove the duplicate rows manually within _comprofiler_plugins then see if white screen is still present.

CBb5 has been installed several times as nant suggested earlier, but nothing seems to solve it?

I'm not sure how, but you've duplicate CB Blogs, CB Articles, and CB Forums rows in _comprofiler_plugins. I couldn't duplicate your issue though so am unsure how it happened. Will look into improving the tools check to be able to handle the duplicates. For now you should be able to remove the duplicate rows within your database table _comprofiler_plugins manually to workaround the issue.

I am wondering if this package is able to upgrade from b4 already installed. As the instructions suggest an upgrade from 1.9.1?

I've tested upgrading to Beta 5 from Beta 4 and CB 1.9.1. Both worked fine and neither caused the issue you're experiencing. Did you have Beta 1, 2 or 3 installed before Beta 4? As it could been an issue caused by an older Beta.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 8 months ago #246718 by pepperstreet
Just wanted to say THANK YOU for the image field features. Since release of previous beta, i had some ideas for image profile and cover photos… already made some screenshots and notes… but unfortunately I had no free time to finish my thoughts.

Just had a quick test with beta5 install and tools -> canvas.

The new image field parameter "select from gallery folder" follows exactly my request :) :woohoo: B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #246719 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic Community Builder 2.0 beta 5 released ! - 404 - qTip
Updated a simple CB1.9.1 -> CB2.0 beta5
Noticed the following error in console:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/qtip2/2.2.0/dist/jquery.qtip.js

9 years 8 months ago #246720 by krileon

Updated a simple CB1.9.1 -> CB2.0 beta5
Noticed the following error in console:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/qtip2/2.2.0/dist/jquery.qtip.js

That's not coming from CB. It looks like you've an extension using a CDN? Our qTip2 jQuery file is in same place as all our jQuery plugins and is not loaded with a CDN. You can find our jQuery plugins below.

components/com_comprofiler/js/jquery-1.11.1/

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 8 months ago #246721 by Berilac
Replied by Berilac on topic Community Builder 2.0 beta 5 released !
It is possible the problem was caused by a previous beta, as I have installed each one as it become available.

I will uninstall CB and do a fresh upgrade to CB2b5 from 1.9.1 and see how that goes.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn