Next Generation Community Builder 2.0 RC Released

9 years 8 months ago #247666 by Andrew Dunn
Replied by Andrew Dunn on topic Next Generation Community Builder 2.0 RC Released
Hi
Thanks for this update to CB, looks great!

I have just tried installing it on the T3 Framework V3 on Joomla 3.3.3.

When I click on the profile image gallery on a 2 column layout, the images are overlapping on the side column. Is this CB or is this a clash with the template? (please see screenshot attached)

Kind regards
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 8 months ago #247673 by beat

Andrew Dunn wrote: Hi
Thanks for this update to CB, looks great!

I have just tried installing it on the T3 Framework V3 on Joomla 3.3.3.

When I click on the profile image gallery on a 2 column layout, the images are overlapping on the side column. Is this CB or is this a clash with the template? (please see screenshot attached)

Kind regards

Thanks for reporting. This is an issue of CB 2.0 RC that gallery images selection layout needs to be fixed to become fluid, and will be fixed.

Noted as needed improvement for CB 2.0 stable here: forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/4596

Keep the great feedbacks comming! The more feedbacks we have, the more awesomely useful CB 2.0 Stable will be.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

9 years 8 months ago #247733 by krileon

the user avatar gets distorted on a small screen because it has a fixed width.
Changing 'width' into 'max-width' solves it:

That's on purpose, but the issue is the width is not being responsive. It's supposed to reduce down to 100px, but is stuck at 200px. Have added a bug ticket to further investigate and fix for next release.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/4606

I wish the user name would move above or below the image

It already moves above the image.

but the image correction is a good start.

I don't advise adding that CSS as you're breaking the canvas layout at this point. The image width needs to be enforced so smaller images fit within the design and so larger images to go outside it (the max- will help with larger, but smaller won't fit design). You'd end up with smaller images having online status floating off and away from the image, etc..

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: michaedt

9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #247737 by Madan
Hi!

I'm so excited to try the new RC. Installed smooth and most of it seems to work instantly; Good work CB-team!

For the moment, there is one thing i just can't figure out though. I've added my own language strings, to default language (english)in
com_comprofiler/plugin/language/default_language/default_language.php
but the translations do not show (see image).

They do however work with my secondary language (swedish). Any ideas?!

Solved it. Seems I've been putting the language strings in wrong file. It should be
com_comprofiler/plugin/language/default_language/language.php.

Cheers!
Attachments:

9 years 8 months ago #247749 by michaedt
Thanks krileon, that makes perfect sense. As a long-time professional member, I'm very excited with the direction of CB. Thank you for your work.
Cheers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant, krileon

9 years 8 months ago #247752 by nant

Madan wrote: Hi!

I'm so excited to try the new RC. Installed smooth and most of it seems to work instantly; Good work CB-team!

For the moment, there is one thing i just can't figure out though. I've added my own language strings, to default language (english)in
com_comprofiler/plugin/language/default_language/default_language.php
but the translations do not show (see image).

They do however work with my secondary language (swedish). Any ideas?!

Solved it. Seems I've been putting the language strings in wrong file. It should be
com_comprofiler/plugin/language/default_language/language.php.

Cheers!

Correct - CB 2.0 has dropped the legacy DEFINES in default_language.php and is instead using the php array based translations in language.php (for frontend) and admin_language.php for backend.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.268 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn