Next Generation Community Builder 2.0 RC Released

9 years 7 months ago #247584 by nant

gjschaller wrote: I have the 2.0 RC installed on a test site, running 3.3.3. It seems functional, but I am running into an issue in the back end / Admin site - when I go to the main CB page, I get a mostly blank page instead. I can use the menu to navigate to sub-pages without issue, it's just the main page that is not displaying properly.

I have a screenshot attached - hopefully that will help. I do have GroupJive installed, if that is causing the issue.

Please turn on Joomla debug at maximum level and see if those blank pages give more useful info and post back.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 7 months ago #247589 by Orphil
Hi,

for :
2. CBSubs GPL 3.0 plugin will produce following error on CB 2.0:

Fatal error: Declaration of cbpaidTimed::get() must be compatible with CBLib\Database\Table\TableInterface::get($var, $def = NULL) in /Users/nick/Documents/JOOMLAPOLIS/DEV/SITES/J333CB20RCALLUPGRADE/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/models/misc/cbpaidTimed.php on line 500

the issue of CBSubs "Declaration of cbpaidTimed::get() must be compatible with CBLib\Database\Table\TableInterface::get" can't be fixed in core CB. That needs a new CBSubs release

Excuse me but I do not understand:
Should we start by removing CBSubs before installing CB2.0 and then reinstall (and thus losing all data)
or is it that it means waiting a new version CBSubs compatible with CB2.0 before migrating?

because on line 500, it is just written: "} // cbpaidTimed" and therefore whether to change something on this level must be checked there ... What exactly?

9 years 7 months ago #247599 by beat

gjschaller wrote: I have the 2.0 RC installed on a test site, running 3.3.3. It seems functional, but I am running into an issue in the back end / Admin site - when I go to the main CB page, I get a mostly blank page instead. I can use the menu to navigate to sub-pages without issue, it's just the main page that is not displaying properly.

I have a screenshot attached - hopefully that will help. I do have GroupJive installed, if that is causing the issue.

Good catch!

We didn't notice it when we reworked the admin area, as we're using the CB menus instead of Components.

That place will be receiving a cool dashboard, but it's not there yet. We should indeed display something there in the mean time.

Added a tracker item for this here: forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/4600

Thanks for the feedback! Keep them comming! :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
The following user(s) said Thank You: gjschaller

9 years 7 months ago #247600 by beat

marketsetc wrote: Congratulations on the 2.0 progress!

I tried upgrading on a cloned development site and received this error

Duplicate entry 'CB Tab access' for key 'idx_assetgroup_title_lookup' SQL=INSERT INTO `dev153_viewlevels` (`title`,`ordering`,`rules`) VALUES ('CB Tab access','4','[]')

followed by a WSOD when I returned to the admin page.

Any thoughts; should I have disabled 1.9 plugins?

Hi marketsetc and bins,

That looks like a bug in the upgrader that converts old pre-joomla-2.5 "useraccessgroups" settings into new Joomla 2.5+3.3 "View Access Levels".

I couldn't reproduce it yet here. Could you please tell me and check in your 1.9.1 site which useraccessgroups you had assigned to your tabs (appart of Public) ? Or were there assignments for groups that don't exist anymore ? Or unassigned groups ?

Workaround: If you find such tabs in your 1.9.1 before upgrading, that have empty or inexistent useraccessgroup settings, you should fix them before upgrading to 2.0 RC.

Please feedback here or on tracker if you have more information.

I will continue troubleshooting this to fix that case you had with no assigned groups and also catch fatal errors for next RC so that they are not fatal anymore.

I added a tracker here for it: forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/4601

Thanks for the feedbacks, and keep them comming ! :)

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

9 years 7 months ago #247601 by beat

Orphil wrote: Hi,

for :
2. CBSubs GPL 3.0 plugin will produce following error on CB 2.0:

Fatal error: Declaration of cbpaidTimed::get() must be compatible with CBLib\Database\Table\TableInterface::get($var, $def = NULL) in /Users/nick/Documents/JOOMLAPOLIS/DEV/SITES/J333CB20RCALLUPGRADE/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/models/misc/cbpaidTimed.php on line 500

the issue of CBSubs "Declaration of cbpaidTimed::get() must be compatible with CBLib\Database\Table\TableInterface::get" can't be fixed in core CB. That needs a new CBSubs release

Excuse me but I do not understand:
Should we start by removing CBSubs before installing CB2.0 and then reinstall (and thus losing all data)
or is it that it means waiting a new version CBSubs compatible with CB2.0 before migrating?

because on line 500, it is just written: "} // cbpaidTimed" and therefore whether to change something on this level must be checked there ... What exactly?

Please refer to list of incompatible plugins here:
www.joomlapolis.com/forum/6-news-and-publicity/226118-cb-20-plugin-compatibility-issues

In that case, in class cbpaidTimed, there is a function get() that is missing the 2nd optional argument of its parent's new API. But there are other incompatibilities in CBSubs 3.0.0 that we are currently addressing, so that a new CBSubs release should come out simultaneously as CB 2.0 Stable. As admin area is not affected, it will be possible to install new CBSubs just after CB 2.0 Stable. We are still looking into ways to avoid all backward-compatibilities (we resolved already a lot) while keeping the new API.

The list in the thread refered above will be kept up to date.

9 years 7 months ago #247602 by marketsetc
Replied by marketsetc on topic Next Generation Community Builder 2.0 RC Released
I do have unused usergroups. The usergroups are often ones I created. There very well might be unassigned groups, but I am not quite sure what you are looking for. I had to restore the site in order to try again, so you will see CBSubs and the other plugins currently working, but I would be happy to provide admin access via pm if that would be helpful.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn