Next Generation Community Builder 2.0 RC2 Released

9 years 6 months ago #248378 by krileon

Getting the following error when trying to copy a tab via CB admin tab management page:

It's due to pluginclass being unique. This is fixed in the next build as it doesn't need to be unique anymore. Please see the below for a quickfix.

IN: administrator/components/com_comprofiler/database/database.cbcore.xml
ON: Line 955
<index name="pluginclass" type="unique">
TO:
<index name="pluginclass">

Once done run the Check Community Builder Database tool and it'll ask if you want to fix it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: michaedt

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 6 months ago #248379 by michaedt

krileon wrote: It's due to pluginclass being unique. This is fixed in the next build as it doesn't need to be unique anymore. Please see the below for a quickfix.

IN: administrator/components/com_comprofiler/database/database.cbcore.xml
ON: Line 955

<index name="pluginclass" type="unique">
TO:
<index name="pluginclass">

Once done run the Check Community Builder Database tool and it'll ask if you want to fix it.

That did it! Thank you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

9 years 6 months ago #248392 by michaedt
A few small recommended tweaks:
1) The display count in the fields manager must be changed every time you navigate to the page. Thus if you change the sort from 20 to 50, it reverts back to 20 after saving an item.
2) Modal menus in profile do not hide after selecting an item when on iPhone5 (haven't tested other devices). I thought this feature was fixed in the bug tracker, but it persists, even after clearing cache, history, etc.). Screen shot attached.
3) When on mobile devices (tested iPhone 5), users must click connections twice before going to connections profile. The first click appears to bring up some sort of modal off screen, but I can't see the contents. Screen shot attached.
Attachments:

9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #248395 by mjl1817
--feature request--
If it is not too late, is it possible to have a build in way to change what field determines the page url? I really don't like the idea of the user name being the determiner, can it be made to accept user id or some user defined field?

Also, thank you for enabling changing the database name, however I noticed that if I save a field, then change the field name it overwrites the value (planned of course) Is it possible to add a "save as new" feature? that way when someone wants to make several fields of the same type they can do it without having to reopen each field to change the parameters from the default ones? ( I do realize that I could just make the needed number of copies of the field and then go back and change the name and field name but that still involves reopening fields for editing. The save as button would be a real time saver)

I wish I knew, Then we would both know.

9 years 6 months ago #248432 by krileon

1) The display count in the fields manager must be changed every time you navigate to the page. Thus if you change the sort from 20 to 50, it reverts back to 20 after saving an item.

This is being fixed, but we're currently refactoring the underlying API that it'll use. Next release will keep track of your page, page limit, filters, and sorting.

2) Modal menus in profile do not hide after selecting an item when on iPhone5 (haven't tested other devices). I thought this feature was fixed in the bug tracker, but it persists, even after clearing cache, history, etc.). Screen shot attached.

It's not supposed to close on click, but it probably should; will fix for next release.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/4656

3) When on mobile devices (tested iPhone 5), users must click connections twice before going to connections profile. The first click appears to bring up some sort of modal off screen, but I can't see the contents. Screen shot attached.

That's the tooltip. It doesn't suppress click behavior though so you should only have to click once assuming the user avatar or name was clicked. The entire box is not clickable due to other links being present in the box. Re-tested this on mobile emulation and seams fine, single click should open the tooltip as well as navigate to the users profile (if avatar or name was clicked). However, that does raise the issue of tooltip falling off the screen.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/4657

If it is not too late, is it possible to have a build in way to change what field determines the page url? I really don't like the idea of the user name being the determiner, can it be made to accept user id or some user defined field?

No, because we would have to load in CB API to pull the configuration variable, which would make our router very heavy. The fastest way to have custom routing is either modify router.php or use a 3rd party SEF extension that lets you rewrite the URLs however you like. A CB Field also wouldn't be acceptable as the value needs to be absolutely unique and if it isn't it's going to cause very buggy redirecting and URL rewriting. This may change in a later release, but current usage is the most efficient and functional usage.

Also, thank you for enabling changing the database name, however I noticed that if I save a field, then change the field name it overwrites the value (planned of course) Is it possible to add a "save as new" feature? that way when someone wants to make several fields of the same type they can do it without having to reopen each field to change the parameters from the default ones? ( I do realize that I could just make the needed number of copies of the field and then go back and change the name and field name but that still involves reopening fields for editing. The save as button would be a real time saver)

Seams reasonable. Should be pretty simple to implement as the table key just needs to be nulled.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/4658

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 6 months ago #248440 by martinmg
In RC2 I noticed changes to the users list in the GUI, but also in the database breaking my 3rd party component CBMailing.

I have found changes in the table _comprofiler_lists and the fields "usergroupids" (other delimiter), "sortfields" (moved to "params") and "filterfields" (moved to "params"). Will there be more DB changes affecting the user lists I need to know when trying to fix CBmailing (I need to hire a freelancer)?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.258 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn