Next Generation Community Builder 2.0 RC3 Released

9 years 5 months ago #249925 by nant

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #249929 by giorgionasis
Replied by giorgionasis on topic Next Generation Community Builder 2.0 RC3 Released

nant wrote: New nightly build pushed to download area.

thank you.very fast installation.

problem with links of k2 items persists. layout of user status is also broken. everything else seems fine.
Attachments:

9 years 5 months ago #249950 by krileon

giorgionasis wrote: hallo
with sef being disabled the links are working. but with this ugly format:
www.example.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=62&Itemid=299

about cb blos unfortunately but i cannot feedback you because i do not use them.sorry for that

The URL looks correct so I'm unsure what to advise. CB Articles is using the K2 API to generate the URL. I've retested the usage as well and the URLs appear to be working perfectly fine. I recommend checking that you can navigate to that article through K2 it self as maybe something in K2 is blocking access.

KatoKalin wrote: It is weird that you are saying CB2.0 does no longer use the DEFINE method as it is still using it in my case. I have some localization in place, all of them using the DEFINE method and all of them get correctly displayed. Only the tab title does not.

We have a failsafe for defines. It will use them as an absolute last resort. However, it is a deprecated usage, which means it's subject for removal in the future.

KatoKalin wrote: There is anothering that is not working.
A previous Ajax Text field which is after the upgrade now a regulare text field with core ajax integration does no longer work. Profile View has been enabled but the user cannot edit the field on the profile. It remainas an uneditable text field. no Ajax anywhere.

Is there any additional configuration that is required?

CB Core Fields Ajax alters field output. Its current release will not work with CB 2.0 as the field output and behavior has changed. I've already upgraded CB Core Fields Ajax to be released same time as CB 2.0 Stable to address this. CB Ajax Text Field is deprecated and will be archived; please use CB Core Fields Ajax.

giorgionasis wrote: layout of user status is also broken. everything else seems fine.

Your status tab is in the wrong position. Run the canvas tool from CB > Tools and it should be moved to the appropriate tab position.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #249959 by giorgionasis
Replied by giorgionasis on topic Next Generation Community Builder 2.0 RC3 Released

krileon wrote:

giorgionasis wrote: hallo
with sef being disabled the links are working. but with this ugly format:
www.example.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=62&Itemid=299

about cb blos unfortunately but i cannot feedback you because i do not use them.sorry for that

The URL looks correct so I'm unsure what to advise. CB Articles is using the K2 API to generate the URL. I've retested the usage as well and the URLs appear to be working perfectly fine. I recommend checking that you can navigate to that article through K2 it self as maybe something in K2 is blocking access.

giorgionasis wrote: layout of user status is also broken. everything else seems fine.

Your status tab is in the wrong position. Run the canvas tool from CB > Tools and it should be moved to the appropriate tab position.

with k2 i navigate in every k2 item fine.
your link gives
www.example.com/psyxagwgia/vivlio/mythistorima/protasi/62

i think that the mistake is on the "62"

my item with sef uses this link
www.proteino.gr/psyxagwgia/vivlio/mythistorima/protasi/a-simple-k2-item.

your link see the k2 itemid and uses this..

about the status position and it went just right..is that normal?the old format which used to have table an the elementes in row (user online with the green sign) is gone?

9 years 5 months ago #249998 by krileon

giorgionasis wrote: with k2 i navigate in every k2 item fine.
your link gives
www.example.com/psyxagwgia/vivlio/mythistorima/protasi/62

i think that the mistake is on the "62"

my item with sef uses this link
www.proteino.gr/psyxagwgia/vivlio/mythistorima/protasi/a-simple-k2-item.

your link see the k2 itemid and uses this..

Looks like K2 is adding the article alias outside of their URL API. Will implement for Stable release.

giorgionasis wrote: about the status position and it went just right..is that normal?the old format which used to have table an the elementes in row (user online with the green sign) is gone?

Yes, it's supposed to be on the right and only be visible when the first tab is selected.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #250011 by nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.796 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn