Community Builder 2.0 stable on October 9th

9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #249882 by nant

pepperstreet wrote: Hello, just a quick idea about the profile image gallery (avatars library). I think, it would be great for custom galleries, if it would display "attribution infos" i.e. Who is the author or original source. Why?

I was about to create a new collection from scratch, but I simply lack the free time to deliver a high quality work!
So, I searched around the net, and I quickly found A LOT of interesting free resources to create some very nice avatars. Many of them are free material or can be used and customized under certain license terms etc.

Is it possible to implement such a "copyright/license/attribution" display? Maybe an XML-file or something that is automatically picked-up on gallery display. A title, short description and a clickable link would be enough.

I guess, this is a nice little feature and a lot of fun. It will also encourage other people to contribute images/avatars.

What do you think?

---

BTW, I could also imagine high-quality commercial sets. There are many cool styles and collections in the usual stock-marketplaces. Buy an extended license, and then add them to CB adv/pro/dev subscriptions ;)

All nice ideas.

I have also been gathering many images with free gpl like licenses and intend to package them in the future as downloads.

CB 2.0 feature freeze is on for a while now - so no new features can be added.

Lets discuss after CB 2.0 is released ;-)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 6 months ago #249985 by Josh Lewis
Replied by Josh Lewis on topic Community Builder 2.0 stable on October 9th
It's now October 9th, drum roll for CB 2.0. B)

9 years 6 months ago #250003 by puniksem
Replied by puniksem on topic Community Builder 2.0 stable on October 9th
So where do I find version 2.0 It's the 9th already!

9 years 6 months ago #250005 by dewittds
Replied by dewittds on topic Community Builder 2.0 stable on October 9th
Guess some more last minute tweeks are needed. Rather see it late and right than rush it out with lots of bug fixes. :dry:

9 years 6 months ago #250012 by nant

9 years 6 months ago #250045 by dwebber
Replied by dwebber on topic Community Builder 2.0 stable on October 9th
Well done on the release, having had a quick look around it looks like it is a good progression.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.490 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn