Community Builder 2.0.2 Released

9 years 5 months ago #251982 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Community Builder 2.0.2 Released

jimmyandrews wrote: Could you point me in the direction to find the bug fix list? I had some quirks in the 2.0.1 installation and curious to see if any of those were addressed.

forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/cb/issues?query_id=53

If you don't report the quirks we can't fix the quirks. You've 1 post (this one). Please if you run into issues then post them to your subscription support forums. Also note there isn't always a ticket for a bug. We sometimes forget to make a ticket for issues if they're minor.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jimmyandrews
The topic has been locked.
9 years 5 months ago #251986 by jimmyandrews
Replied by jimmyandrews on topic Community Builder 2.0.2 Released
:-)
Some of the quirks it turns out are a combo of configuration and backend access. I am still getting used to CB and Joomla in general and how they operate in a shared hosted IIS environment from GoDaddy. In short, buggy with an out of the box config. I like to troubleshoot until I hit a brick wall and then I hit the forums. So far, I have been able to address some of the bugs I run into (like the height of a text field in the CB backend that is fine in FF, but a little to thin to read in IE) by tracing down the code through FireBug. Other bugs, I look at the forums. For instance, the activity stream was failing on blog posts, I saw your comment on another thread about it not being 100% in 2.0.1, and subsequently disabled that function for the time being.

I usually don't post a question until I'm sure about where to find the answer, and I have a lot to absorb with complex software such as CB and Joomla. If I'm not sure it is a CB problem, I won't post until I run out of other options.

Don't worry, I'm working with the CB Connect plugin and I have lots and lots of questions about that coming :-D

Better at infrastructure and hardware :-)
Trying to change the world with people's free time!
Be a part of the movement, find out more at what2do.live/
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #251988 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Community Builder 2.0.2 Released

(like the height of a text field in the CB backend that is fine in FF, but a little to thin to read in IE)

I was not aware of such an issue. The styling is done entirely by Bootstrap. There shouldn't be any issues in this regard. Are all input types having problems or is it specific inputs? Do you have a screenshot of the issue?

For instance, the activity stream was failing on blog posts, I saw your comment on another thread about it not being 100% in 2.0.1, and subsequently disabled that function for the time being.

CB Activity isn't upgraded yet, but its latest release should help to avoid fatal errors with CB Blogs. It will lose CB Blogs activity tracking for the time being though.

Don't worry, I'm working with the CB Connect plugin and I have lots and lots of questions about that coming :-D

CB Connect 6.0.0 just released. It has been rewritten and is completely CB 2.0 compatible. Using an older release on CB 2.x just flat out won't work. Consider all non-upgraded plugins broken until their upgrade releases. I'll be upgrading CB Privacy next (starting Monday of next week).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
9 years 5 months ago #251995 by martinmg
Replied by martinmg on topic Community Builder 2.0.2 Released
In CB control panel my version reports 2.0.2 and the latest reports 2.0.2. Still a message is shown in Joomla Control panel stating I should upgrade to 2.0.1. I have seen blog posts regarding the reported version issue but want to check if it will be fixed?

It's just a cosmetic issue...but quite annoying :-)
Attachments:
9 years 5 months ago #251996 by jimmyandrews
Replied by jimmyandrews on topic Community Builder 2.0.2 Released
Thanks for the info! The height fix turned out to be in the ISIS admin template.css file(errr, maybe time to change that name). Line 901 (part of .uneditable-input) defines the height as 18px. For some reason in IE 11 Desktop, it doesn't honor that setting but FF does. The solution was to comment out that definition and everything fell back to a higher level height definition. I did try to modify the size itself, but there was no effect in IE. No ill effects from the change seen yet!

When I come across this stuff, what I can do is start a thread with my troubleshooting steps to at that point, while I continue to work on it.

Better at infrastructure and hardware :-)
Trying to change the world with people's free time!
Be a part of the movement, find out more at what2do.live/
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon
9 years 5 months ago #252003 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Community Builder 2.0.2 Released

martinmg wrote: In CB control panel my version reports 2.0.2 and the latest reports 2.0.2. Still a message is shown in Joomla Control panel stating I should upgrade to 2.0.1. I have seen blog posts regarding the reported version issue but want to check if it will be fixed?

It's just a cosmetic issue...but quite annoying :-)

It will go away within 12 hours (it is a local caching issue, you can delete files in your cache folder to get it away sooner).

We will fix that caching issue for next CB release ( forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/4817 ).

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
The following user(s) said Thank You: martinmg
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.256 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn