CB Activity 3.0 RC1 Released

8 years 10 months ago #263655 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Activity 3.0 RC1 Released

Is it correct that actions with Group Jive and Kunena don´t show anymore?

Yes, please see my reply below.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/6-news-and-publicity/229590-cb-activity-30-rc1-released#263605

Previous activity may not be compatible with the rewrite.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 10 months ago #263699 by kosmos_
Replied by kosmos_ on topic CB Activity 3.0 RC1 Released
hi

This is a great plugin. We like it. Kyle is the best!

I would like to ask some questions.

1) is it possible to translate the phrase 'Show more comments'? I've added it in the language file - doesn't work.
2) is it possible to make notice if new comment comes? We should reload page to show if something new.
3) is it possible to show activity for everybody logged in the site, not only for your friends?
4) is it possible to create custom link for comments? for example @conferense will be automatically replace to the link.
5) are you planning to add an option attach image to post?
6) is there API we can use for android version of our site?

Thanks.

8 years 10 months ago #263705 by nant
Replied by nant on topic CB Activity 3.0 RC1 Released
Regarding translations - I have updating the resource files for CB Activity on transifex:

www.transifex.com/projects/p/cbactivity/

You can translate the missing strings online and the results will be pulled and pushed to the relevant language area here:

www.joomlapolis.com/cb-solutions/languages
The following user(s) said Thank You: kosmos_

8 years 10 months ago #263721 by krileon

2) is it possible to make notice if new comment comes? We should reload page to show if something new.

No, you need to reload the page. There is no auto-loading. The reason for this is auto-loading is very heavy on the browser (it's an infinite setTimeout) and the server (ajax call per user, per activity stream, every 15ish minutes). Now each activity entry has commenting. So multiply that setTimeout infinite loop by say 30. That's 30 requests per 15 minutes per user using your site. Most of our userbase will not be able to handle this as most are on shared hosting and the server would be bombarded with requests. I can't see a practical way of doing this without hurting performance in a significant way. An option for this, disabled by default, maybe added in the future but not for 3.0.0.

3) is it possible to show activity for everybody logged in the site, not only for your friends?

Yes, that's the Recent Activity page which you can create a Joomla menu link to using the Community Builder > Plugin menutype then selecting CB Activity as the plugin.

4) is it possible to create custom link for comments? for example @conferense will be automatically replace to the link.

Replace it with what? That's not a link. If you mean hashtags then yes you'd just use #HASHTAG. Otherwise copy and paste a URL into your comment and it'll be made clickable automatically.

5) are you planning to add an option attach image to post?

For status posts, yes, this is actually already done as of yesterday via the "Links" feature for RC2. For commenting, no, just add the URL to the comment and it'll be clickable.

6) is there API we can use for android version of our site?

It has ajax endpoints, but you need to be more specific as to what you're needing. If you mean a JSON formatted response then no; it uses html responses.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kosmos_

8 years 10 months ago #263726 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB Activity 3.0 RC1 Released
Hello
We have developed several plugins to integrate with CB activity 2 using your tutorials.
Will these plugins still work with Version 3 ?
Do we have to change the code ?
Thanks

8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #263739 by krileon

Will these plugins still work with Version 3 ?

If they directly insert into the database, possibly. If they're using API then no.

Do we have to change the code ?

Most likely yes, but the new API isn't complete. This is an RC folks; don't jump the gun writing a bunch of integrations, because they're going to be broken again until Stable is released as I'm still finalizing the API. The new way to add activity will be using our autoloader and a DI alias. Example of how it'll ideally function as follows.

Application::Activity( 'SOURCE', USER_OBJECT )->push( ACTIVITY_DATA_HERE );

Both source and user object being optional, but it allows for a consistent object usage as follows to handle push and display if desired.

$activity = Application::Activity( 'SOURCE', USER_OBJECT );

// Push new activity to stream:
$activity->push( ACTIVITY_DATA_HERE );

// Display the activity stream:
echo $activity->stream();

Again, the above is just an example of what I'm aiming for. Some of this is functional, but again it's not done so it's going to be changed so it shouldn't be used yet. Mainly the DI alias doesn't exist (the Application::Activity).

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.511 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn