Template providers and Community Builder

8 years 10 months ago #265757 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Template providers and Community Builder

e.g. with this template installed, I will change the avatar.
In standard and my override template, I can choose for noimage between cb standard image, no image and mycustomimage. In this template I can only choose cb standard or no image.

Default avatars are template by template based and stored in the following file structure. You probably need to copy your custom avatars over to it so you can select them as defaults.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/templates/TEMPLATE/images/avatar/

e.g. the normal way of changing in userlists to only 4 or 3 colums doesn't work....

You need to be more descriptive. What doesn't work? Screenshot?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #265761 by jojo12
Replied by jojo12 on topic Template providers and Community Builder

You need to be more descriptive. What doesn't work? Screenshot?

I see the rule in image 1.
But I can change what I want, I have always 6 columns! I only want 3 or 4.
Because like that there are only the firstnames.
Attachments:

8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #265776 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Template providers and Community Builder
You're using the Grid Layout. The grid layout doesn't care how many columns you select or what size they are. It always renders as many as it can in the allocated space. This has nothing to do with this templates usage. That's just how grid layout works. The columns fields are stacked inside of a grid. Example of how it's structured.

Non-Grid:
ROWCOLUMNCOLUMNCOLUMN
ROWCOLUMNCOLUMNCOLUMN

Grid:
ROWROWROWROW
COLUMNCOLUMNCOLUMNCOLUMN
COLUMNCOLUMNCOLUMNCOLUMN
COLUMNCOLUMNCOLUMNCOLUMN

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jojo12

8 years 10 months ago #265920 by maillawale
Replied by maillawale on topic Template providers and Community Builder
Hey

I had the same problem and this is what I did. I uninstall cb component alone, download a new CB Package and Install it. After this, all editing are successful. Though I saw some error message after installation which I hope was partly because I uninstalled the component alone.

8 years 9 months ago #266511 by llinty
Replied by llinty on topic Template providers and Community Builder
Hi, this menu concept for mobile will be a great idea for this template

8 years 3 months ago #275714 by AgingUETiger
Replied by AgingUETiger on topic Template providers and Community Builder
I have the same problem. However, I cannot access the Community Builder Plug-in page to uninstall and re-install. I get the server error when I try to access the CB menus due to the error. Any other way to install the update without using the Install CB Plugin menu?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.250 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn