Next generation Activity Streams with new CB Activity 3.0 RC3 and CB Auto Actions 6.3!

8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #265997 by nant
This thread discusses the article:

Next generation Activity Streams with new CB Activity 3.0 RC3 and CB Auto Actions 6.3!

Kyle did an awesome job.

Here is the current list of system actions in CB Auto Actions 6.3:

1 Auto Login action that automatically logs in user after registration or email confirmation
11 Profile Update activity logging actions
4 CB Gallery activity logging actions
3 CB Blog activity logging actions
3 Kunena forum activity logging actions
24 Groupjive activity logging actions

With these new releases CB Activity 3.0 RC3 (plugin and module) currently supports:

Activity posting
Stream commenting
Inline #hashtag, @username/@name and emotions support
Built-in and expandable emotions and activity actions
URL linking (multiple links supported) with automatic (and editable) meta data tagging
Video playback support with Youtube video linking
CB events streaming with CB Auto Actions (45 pre-configured actions to choose from)
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon, neilmac500, ricco1, Amicus72

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #266001 by krileon
Please note latest CB 2.x Nightly is required for both releases

Another new major feature with this CB Auto Actions releases is the power to call functions from substitutions. This lets you call variable functions, PHP functions, class functions (static or object based). An example of this usage as follows.

[cb:parse function="getTitle" class="var1" /]

The above would call the getTitle function on whatever object the first trigger variable is. This can go even further to pass variables to a function as well. This is done by adding those variables after class. Example of this usage as follows.

[cb:parse function="getEmbed" class="var1" html="1" thumb="0" /]

Note the variable names don't really matter, but I like to name the same as the actual variables on the function it self. This would sent the html variable as the first function variable and the thumb variable as the second function variable to the getEmbed function so it'd be like doing the below.

$var1->getEmbed( 1, 0 )

This also supports global functions and static functions. Example of both usages as follows.

Static:
[cb:parse function="myClass::getTitle" /]
Global:
[cb:parse function="myFunction" /]

In addition to this with the nightly release of CB you can now use extra array variables in IF statements. This means you can finally do a substitution IF statement on a trigger variable value. Example as follows.

[cb:if var1_type="photos"]photo[/cb:if]

An additional substitution has also been added. It's [trigger]. This gives you the trigger that fired the action. The reason for this addition is an action could have 10 triggers assigned to it and you may need the behavior to adjust based off that. Example usage of this as follows.

[cb:if trigger="onAfterAcceptConnection"]Accepted![/cb:if]

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ricco1

8 years 9 months ago #266036 by Amicus72
Just a short question.
There are several very cool auto actions predefined. If i want to localize those actions for german, do i have to make those changes in auto actions and save that action as copy and publish it instead of the original or is localization as usual by language file?

8 years 9 months ago #266046 by venecam
Hello guys, I just installed both plugins and got an error when tried to upload an image on profile gallery to test the activity auto actions.

0 - Namespace does not exist

I went back to last backup and tested and no problem there. Any idea what could be happening?
Attachments:

8 years 9 months ago #266047 by neilmac500
I had this until I installed the latest nightly build for CB

Hope this helps

8 years 9 months ago #266049 by krileon

There are several very cool auto actions predefined. If i want to localize those actions for german, do i have to make those changes in auto actions and save that action as copy and publish it instead of the original or is localization as usual by language file?

You localize their destination and not the source. So you'd add language strings to CB Activitys language files to translate the activity that has been logged. So no you don't need to make copies of the actions.

Hello guys, I just installed both plugins and got an error when tried to upload an image on profile gallery to test the activity auto actions.

Use the latest nightly. It may not work on the latest stable.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sportpaar

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.336 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn