CB Activity 3.0 RC4 - a step closer to perfection

8 years 8 months ago #266756 by krileon
Some of you may notice a behavior change with commenting. Previously you could comment on any activity. This was a bug. You are only allowed to comment on activity that you have access to. This means you need to be connected to the user who owns the activity entry (or disable connections entirely) in addition to meeting the create access view access level requirement. Moderators of course are exempt from this. Again, allowing comment on everything was a bug and was not intended. A parameter to disable the connection test is planned for 4.0.0; it will not be in 3.0.0.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: neilmac500, delhi-expat

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #266777 by venecam
Hello guys ,I want to know if you will add more options to control de activity module and menu contents, for example the hability to allow only some specific user posts to be shown on the activity modules/menus. On the activity menu you have some options like recent, hidden, My activity. Those options are not present on the module config.
Also in my website I want to add a module in the home page but only showing the important admin post to the visitors. I dont want to show the users activity like profiles changes, pictures uploaded etc on home. There is any way to control those parameters or can you add that feature? I think that would be very usefull for some websites and situations.

8 years 8 months ago #266780 by Satchi
Is there any way to edit the text of 'are you with anyone?' (to 'along with') or to remove that completely from the message area for the stream?

That comes across a bit like a dating thing, and I know it isn't but it just jars with what we do on our site. My testers immediately thought it was asking their relationship status. Oops.

Cool beans either way ... new toys to play with! :)

Satchi

8 years 8 months ago #266782 by activha
Hello
is there any news regarding the API that we can use to replace old CB activity interaction with other components ?
For now the old tutorial has not been updated yet

Thanks

8 years 8 months ago #266800 by krileon

Hello guys ,I want to know if you will add more options to control de activity module and menu contents, for example the hability to allow only some specific user posts to be shown on the activity modules/menus. On the activity menu you have some options like recent, hidden, My activity. Those options are not present on the module config.
Also in my website I want to add a module in the home page but only showing the important admin post to the visitors. I dont want to show the users activity like profiles changes, pictures uploaded etc on home. There is any way to control those parameters or can you add that feature? I think that would be very usefull for some websites and situations.

At this time no it's not possible to exclude certain activity from a stream. It will be eventually, but this will not be in 3.0.0. It's scheduled for 4.0.0. Sorry, just not enough time and GJ has waited long enough.

Is there any way to edit the text of 'are you with anyone?' (to 'along with') or to remove that completely from the message area for the stream?

It's a language string so yes you can change it to whatever you like.

is there any news regarding the API that we can use to replace old CB activity interaction with other components ?

The API is feature complete. In most cases you don't need to touch the API and can just use CB Auto Actions. I actually encourage you to implement CB triggers into your other components instead of hardcoding in CB Activity API then just let CB Auto Actions deal with it.

For now the old tutorial has not been updated yet

I don't have time to update these tutorials right now and won't for quite some time, sorry. I've just significantly more pressing matters to deal with like getting started on GJ upgrade.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn