GroupJive 3.0 beta 1 ready for testing

8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #271820 by jojo12
Replied by jojo12 on topic GroupJive 3.0 beta 1 ready for testing
are there just translation files for gj_3.0 in transifex, we can start?
(for sure they aren't finished, but we could start!)

Or how to name them in my own?
EDIT: for my own I found it.

But in transifex it is not yet!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #271826 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic GroupJive 3.0 beta 1 ready for testing

KatoKalin wrote: This could be misunderstood in a way the uninstalling old version would do. Maybe to add instruction how to completely remove an old GJ version including database? Or to add that uninstalling old version ist not sufficient.

The reason uninstalling 2.x isn't sufficient is the database remains. 3.x doesn't have migration code so it will not migrate the database information. For example Access parameters were Usergroup based, but they are now properly View Access Level. None of those values will make sense without migration. Another example is Events, which have a "date" and "attending" column. Neither are used now in favor of "start" and "end" date columns while attendance is handled with an entirely new database table. To have a clean install you'd need to uninstall then drop all the _groupjive database tables or just wait for RC with migration.

timstohr wrote: Luckily i have learnt from past Experience and used a development site for the testing. Unfortunately i have several things i am currently developing on this site so not sure yet if i can get another testing website to help test the beta (since i have screwed up the normal development site). Nant: you need to make it blinking and in different colours so that stupid people like me see the hint written in bold). Also... Kyles Post up there is misleading.

We will be adding pre-install script support for CB plugins in a later CB release so in the future it flat out will not let you install unless our specific requirements are met to further avoid this. Beyond that there's not much more we can do if people don't read the information we've provided.

jojo12 wrote: are there just translation files for gj_3.0 in transifex, we can start?
(for sure they aren't finished, but we could start!)

Or how to name them in my own?
EDIT: for my own I found it.

But in transifex it is not yet!

GJ 3.x will translate the same way other plugins do using its plugin language files. So no more separate language plugins anymore for it. There's some problems setting up the transifex projects and we've contacted transifex regarding it; hopefully can get sorted soon, but please note it's likely some strings will change, be added, or be removed with RC.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #271880 by wardb
Replied by wardb on topic GroupJive 3.0 beta 1 ready for testing
Hi, I can't seem to view any groups when I click on a category (See attached screenshots)

Attachments:

8 years 6 months ago #271883 by Bricoleur
Replied by Bricoleur on topic GroupJive 3.0 beta 1 ready for testing
The announcement indicates that nested categories and nested groups have been dropped;
May I ask the rationale?
This will greatly compromise the effective use we make of the system for a non-profit Board and committee management system we have running on the platform.

8 years 6 months ago #271901 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic GroupJive 3.0 beta 1 ready for testing

wardb wrote: Hi, I can't seem to view any groups when I click on a category (See attached screenshots)

None of your groups have an owner. I'm not sure how you managed to bypass the validation and create them without an owner unless the User ID supplied was invalid (need to add validation to this then). Edit your groups and supply a valid user id for the owner.

Bricoleur wrote: The announcement indicates that nested categories and nested groups have been dropped;
May I ask the rationale?
This will greatly compromise the effective use we make of the system for a non-profit Board and committee management system we have running on the platform.

Nesting was a rarely used feature, but it mostly was dropped because it was impossible to properly optimize. It was the sole reason GJ had terrible performance. Once a site hit anywhere from 1,000-10,000 (depended on the hosting package) it flat out stopped working. It made sense for a few scenarios, but the vast majority had no use for it and was a confusing feature to use. GJ 3.x significantly simplifies its usage to reach a large audience and significantly improve performance.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 6 months ago #271975 by wardb
Replied by wardb on topic GroupJive 3.0 beta 1 ready for testing

None of your groups have an owner. I'm not sure how you managed to bypass the validation and create them without an owner unless the User ID supplied was invalid (need to add validation to this then). Edit your groups and supply a valid user id for the owner.

Thanks for the replay, however, there is only one user configured in the system which is the super user. GJ does already have validation and I had to add a valid user at the time I configured the group (see screenshot)

Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.269 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn