GroupJive 3.0 beta 1 ready for testing

8 years 6 months ago #271976 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic GroupJive 3.0 beta 1 ready for testing
Your user id is unlikely to be 1. You likely added the row number in the management display from the # column. Navigate to CB > User Management and you'll find your user id in the far right ID column.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wardb

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 6 months ago #271977 by wardb
Replied by wardb on topic GroupJive 3.0 beta 1 ready for testing
DOH!!! :blush:

Good spotting, I should have picked that one up. User id should have been 833...

8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #271997 by Bricoleur
Replied by Bricoleur on topic GroupJive 3.0 beta 1 ready for testing
Thanks for the previous quick response!

Will the update handle conversion from nested >>> flat (categories/groups) in some magic way or should I go in and start making changes before going further (I'll certainly stop the creation of new nested!)

We will not be a big user but we are just launching and so it will be good to know we won't have an unnecessary hiccup during the early stages of use.

8 years 6 months ago #272016 by krileon

Will the update handle conversion from nested >>> flat (categories/groups) in some magic way or should I go in and start making changes before going further (I'll certainly stop the creation of new nested!)

Yes, since the parent database column isn't used anymore and has no affect on the queries the categories and groups will just automatically become top level. Nested groups will become groups of the category their parent group is in automatically as well since the category id has been stored with them since their implementation. In short you don't need to do anything manually unless you want to adjust where they'll be more specifically.

We will not be a big user but we are just launching and so it will be good to know we won't have an unnecessary hiccup during the early stages of use.

I'm taking a great deal of time to ensure the migration goes smoothly as this is a rather large and well used plugin. Hopefully migration should go very well for everyone and in theory shouldn't have to do any further configuration after install.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 6 months ago #272217 by justbfleming
Replied by justbfleming on topic GroupJive 3.0 beta 1 ready for testing
Is there anyway to create a new tab within GJ like the ones that are there by default (about, event, photo, video, wall, etc.)

As well, how can new public facing links be generated? In the old version it allowed the admin to create a frontend url. Will this feature be coming back?

Love the update so far! Definitely a lot cleaner.

8 years 6 months ago #272227 by krileon

Is there anyway to create a new tab within GJ like the ones that are there by default (about, event, photo, video, wall, etc.)

With API, yes.

As well, how can new public facing links be generated? In the old version it allowed the admin to create a frontend url. Will this feature be coming back?

Existing links will still work in RC (beta is missing this B/C) to an extent (will implement as much B/C as possible for them). New links can be created the same way CB 2.x plugin menus are created by creating a menu of type Community Builder > Plugin and selecting GJ (this is already implemented).

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: justbfleming

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.359 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn