GroupJive 3.0 beta 1 ready for testing

8 years 6 months ago #272444 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic GroupJive 3.0 beta 1 ready for testing

gigayf wrote: 1.- "New Group" button is available when visiting another persons profile. When clicking it, it allows creating a group on behalf of this other person as if he/she was the owner. This doesn't seem right. In fact I think the "owner" field at the end of the group creation screen should not exist, and it should just make the owner the person who is creating the group. It makes more sense.

That's because you're logged in as a CB Moderator to help moderators create groups on users behalf. This is normal behavior and is done for all of our plugins. Regular registered users are not able to create groups on another users behalf.

gigayf wrote: 2.- When creating (or editing) a group, there are fields to select if Invites, Events, Files, Photos, Videos and Wall are enabled or disabled for users. No matter what I select here, those are all enabled for all types of users, even someone who is not part of the group (i.e. any user can create events, send invites, upload files, etc). It would be great if the group owner could have more flexibility to select who can do what (permissions for public, registered users, group users, connections, and maybe even by type of connection). And also to be able to set defaults for these settings from the backend, and allow to remove the frontend users ability to choose them, probably on a usergroup level. I'm just thinking about the integration with CB Subs…

You are likely logged in as a CB Moderator. You are allowed to manage content of all groups whether you're in the group or not. Otherwise disabling Invites for example only allows the group owner and group administrators access to invites as the input description directly states. There will not be further control beyond this as a huge problem of previous GJ was parameter bloat.

gigayf wrote: 3.- I haven't been able to find how to restrict what users can do. Basically all users no matter if they are or not group owner (or even part of the group), they can edit, unpublish or delete: groups, events, posts, files, photos, "about" tab, etc… by clicking on the little "gear" button on the corner of each item.

You are likely logged in as a CB Moderator. If you are seeing this even with a Registered usergroup then your CB Moderator view access level is likely misconfigured in CB > Configuration > Moderation. A Group Owner is also permitted to manage the content of his own group. Group Administrators and Group Moderators have varying degrees of control of the group as well.

joebrickley wrote: Hello,
I am having problems uploading banner and logo images to my new test group. It fails with error :

Error
Failed to save Group Test Group because: imagepng() [function.imagepng]: Unable to open 'public_html/bluefields-multimedia.co.uk/images/comprofiler/plug_cbgroupjive/0/5/56289789539dc.png' for writing: No such file or directory

and then adds another logo upload field and button... see attached

It also then replicated the group 5 times with the same name for some reason (but looking at the slightly different time stamps, maybe I attempted to 'save and close' a few times and it saved as a new group?) .

further test shows It looks like the issue is due to the group being left as being uncategorized, so its not possible to save banner or logo images until group is placed in a category.
Thanks,
Joe

Was able to confirm your issue and will fix for RC.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gigayf

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 6 months ago #272499 by gigayf
Replied by gigayf on topic GroupJive 3.0 beta 1 ready for testing

krileon wrote: You are likely logged in as a CB Moderator. If you are seeing this even with a Registered usergroup then your CB Moderator view access level is likely misconfigured in CB > Configuration > Moderation. A Group Owner is also permitted to manage the content of his own group. Group Administrators and Group Moderators have varying degrees of control of the group as well.

You are absolutely right. All of the "issues" were derived from the fact that I had a child group from Registered with a misconfiguration at the Joomla "Viewing Access Levels", giving them moderator rights.

Thanks!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

8 years 6 months ago #272506 by krileon
Ok, this has been a productive beta. We've squashed nearly a dozen bugs, massively improved performance, and implemented migration. All that remains is parsing of its own CB Activity entries so they're more functional (include join buttons for example) and we should be ok for RC release.

It's looking like beginning of next week at the earliest for RC or end of next week at the latest. This assumes no major issues come up in the mean time. Please keep the feedback coming.

Also as a side note you will need latest CB 2.x nightly for the RC release as a bug was found in the plugin install script behavior causing the install scripts not to trigger, which means the migration can't trigger. So please update to latest CB 2.x nightly release as soon as possible.

Please also be sure to check the forge below if you find an issue in Beta as it may have been fixed already.

forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/groupjive/issues

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dhphllps, jojo12, Satchi, paxx

8 years 6 months ago #272508 by gigayf
Replied by gigayf on topic GroupJive 3.0 beta 1 ready for testing
Hi,

Found something that I think might be a bug. I double checked all my settings but it's still happening. I have 2 categories. Regular user in "Registered" group with no moderator access.

When I'm on my own profile, in the groups tab, I click on "New Group" button it gives the error:

"Category does not exist."

If I go to the GJ plugin settings, parameters, groups, general… and change the "Uncategorized" setting to Enable, the error above then changes to:

"You do not have access to this category."

Either way, when trying to create a group from the profile screen it gives an error, because as I understand it non-moderators cannot create an uncategorized group. So apparently the issue seems to be that when I get to the group creation screen it automatically defaults to "Uncategorized", creating the errors above. By the way I do NOT get any error if I click on the New Group button directly from a category page.

On a completely different topic, is there a setting somewhere that allows to segregate "View" access from "Create" access at the GJ plugin levels? This would be similar to the category "Access" and "Create Access" that allows different types of users to view & join groups in certain categories but not be able to create them. I'm looking for this but at the GJ integration plugins. So for example, a user would be able to view videos, events, etc. from other user's groups, but they would not be able to create a group with those plugins available.

Thank you!

8 years 6 months ago #272525 by krileon

gigayf wrote: Hi,

Found something that I think might be a bug. I double checked all my settings but it's still happening. I have 2 categories. Regular user in "Registered" group with no moderator access.

When I'm on my own profile, in the groups tab, I click on "New Group" button it gives the error:

"Category does not exist."

If I go to the GJ plugin settings, parameters, groups, general… and change the "Uncategorized" setting to Enable, the error above then changes to:

"You do not have access to this category."

Either way, when trying to create a group from the profile screen it gives an error, because as I understand it non-moderators cannot create an uncategorized group. So apparently the issue seems to be that when I get to the group creation screen it automatically defaults to "Uncategorized", creating the errors above. By the way I do NOT get any error if I click on the New Group button directly from a category page.

That's fixed for RC and noted below. Please be sure to check the forge for known issues.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5570

gigayf wrote: On a completely different topic, is there a setting somewhere that allows to segregate "View" access from "Create" access at the GJ plugin levels? This would be similar to the category "Access" and "Create Access" that allows different types of users to view & join groups in certain categories but not be able to create them. I'm looking for this but at the GJ integration plugins. So for example, a user would be able to view videos, events, etc. from other user's groups, but they would not be able to create a group with those plugins available.

Thank you!

Categories have a view access level and create access level. Edit your categories within GJ > Categories to adjust their individual access. Groups do not have view access levels. Their access is entirely dependent on their type. Access to group integration content is based off that integration being enabled in that group. If enable every active user in the group can use that integration. If disabled only the group owner and group administrators can access it (this is noted on the params description). There are no view access levels for group integrations on a per group basis as such parameters are just confusing for end users.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #272562 by krileon
Core GJ will be able to parse its own activity with group object prefetching, access checking directly on the activity query, and template based output. Example as follows of current progress.

This should provide more attractive group activity. The integrations will have similar parsing built directly into them. As it's template driven the display can be customized further to whatever you like.

This is also a preview to what other integrations will be doing for their activity as well. So for example CB Gallery could parse its own activity so they function nicer.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: jojo12

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.268 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn