GroupJive 3.0 beta 1 ready for testing

8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #271777 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic GroupJive 3.0 beta 1 ready for testing

Nice... I just destroyed all my GJ database information by not properly reading the stuff. Luckily it was only my test website...

It specifically will not allow upgrades. You would of had to uninstall 2.x then install 3.x over it. I don't know what more to do other than not release it if people are not going to read the information we provide. Folks, PLEASE read our news articles on releases. We may need to review different means of beta access if this continues to be a problem.

This is for testing and feedback only. Do not install on a live site unless the site has never had GJ installed and even then it is still a beta. This is to avoid releasing a stable then 1 day later have 3 bug reports. The more feedback to can receive the more stable a stable release will be, but if you treat a beta like a stable you're going to ruin your site.

On the final version, it will migrate all the data over to GJ 3 no? ie which user is in what group etc... no? and Especially the groups in General?

The article specifically says the release candidate (RC) will have migration code.

EDIT: will the settings also be lost or migrated? I spent a long time on GJ settings so dont exactly feel like doing it again...

No, all parameters that still existing in GJ 3.x will be migrated.

EDIT: is it possible to add a third method of notification (I am currently in GJ plugin backend)?

No, CB only has Email and PM notifications.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 6 months ago #271780 by nant
Replied by nant on topic GroupJive 3.0 beta 1 ready for testing

kosmos_ wrote: Hi,

uninstalled old plugin and system told me to remove plugin directory. removed and
installed new plugin, i see menu in control panel.
When i click on something in menu i see a white page.

Please help.

Thanks.

Please see release announcement we are discussing.

It specifically states:

GroupJive 3.0 beta 1 is not a stable release and should only be installed on CB 2.0.11+ sites that do not have previously installed versions of GroupJive

If you unistall old plugin you still have old database - it is not a clean environment. The beta is really meant for testing on clean environments. Please propose better wording and I will update release announcement so others do not (if they read of course) follow the same wrong path.

8 years 6 months ago #271799 by KatoKalin
Replied by KatoKalin on topic GroupJive 3.0 beta 1 ready for testing

nant wrote: GroupJive 3.0 beta 1 is not a stable release and should only be installed on CB 2.0.11+ sites that do not have previously installed versions of GroupJive

This could be misunderstood in a way the uninstalling old version would do. Maybe to add instruction how to completely remove an old GJ version including database? Or to add that uninstalling old version ist not sufficient.

8 years 6 months ago #271806 by timstohr
Replied by timstohr on topic GroupJive 3.0 beta 1 ready for testing
Luckily i have learnt from past Experience and used a development site for the testing. Unfortunately i have several things i am currently developing on this site so not sure yet if i can get another testing website to help test the beta (since i have screwed up the normal development site). Nant: you need to make it blinking and in different colours so that stupid people like me see the hint written in bold). Also... Kyles Post up there is misleading.

8 years 6 months ago #271810 by jojo12
Replied by jojo12 on topic GroupJive 3.0 beta 1 ready for testing
installed on a clean Joomla 3.4.4 with cb nightly, installation ok, looks very< good, thanks. Will continue to test!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #271814 by wardb
Replied by wardb on topic GroupJive 3.0 beta 1 ready for testing
:woohoo: this is truely great news, I will be installing Group Jive 3.0 Beta 1 on a fresh instance of Joomla 3.4.4 and CB 2.0.11+ within my testing environment tonight!!!

Thanks for the work you have done on this so far Kril :)

Brian
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.277 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn