GroupJive 3.0 RC 1 released

8 years 4 months ago #273068 by nant
The following user(s) said Thank You: kosmos_, boatswana, Satchi
The topic has been locked.
8 years 4 months ago #273075 by boatswana
Replied by boatswana on topic GroupJive 3.0 RC 1 released
Thank you so much, GROUPJIVE was the reason for me to become a paid member. Look forward to seeing your Group Jive video tutorials.

Again Thanks

Michael L. Thomas
www.standardized-patient.org
8 years 4 months ago #273077 by jojo12
Replied by jojo12 on topic GroupJive 3.0 RC 1 released
thanks a lot, I am excited ! :)
8 years 4 months ago #273081 by sysopcrew
Replied by sysopcrew on topic GroupJive 3.0 RC 1 released
I am trying to install JG 3.0.0+RC1 on top of 2.7.0. I'm only an advanced member, and don't have Auto Action or Activity. Are these required, because I get this error message, unhandled (that is, it's the only text in the browser)

Table 'metro_joomla.joomla3_comprofiler_plugin_autoactions' doesn't exist SQL=SHOW COLUMNS FROM `joomla3_comprofiler_plugin_autoactions`

Do I need to upgrade to professional to get these two additional plugins, or should JG work without them, just without the features they provide?

--
David Riviera
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #273097 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic GroupJive 3.0 RC 1 released

sysopcrew wrote: I am trying to install JG 3.0.0+RC1 on top of 2.7.0. I'm only an advanced member, and don't have Auto Action or Activity. Are these required, because I get this error message, unhandled (that is, it's the only text in the browser)

Table 'metro_joomla.joomla3_comprofiler_plugin_autoactions' doesn't exist SQL=SHOW COLUMNS FROM `joomla3_comprofiler_plugin_autoactions`

Do I need to upgrade to professional to get these two additional plugins, or should JG work without them, just without the features they provide?

CB Auto Actions isn't required for GJ 3.x. It's only needed if you want GJ Auto to migrate since GJ Auto is now deprecated. There's a bug in the migration code though and am fixing for either RC2 or Stable release.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5593

Workaround at this time is to drop the _groupjive_plugin_auto database table so it won't attempt to migrate it or to install latest CB Auto Actions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sysopcrew
8 years 4 months ago #273117 by cheemak
Replied by cheemak on topic GroupJive 3.0 RC 1 released
Thanks This is great, will give it a go ...

How does this work if you have nested categories / groups in 2.7?

I do use the nesting, so it is a shame that this is listed as having been dropped.

Will it be brought back in future releases?

I personally don't think that you need to nest both cats and groups but at least being able to create a nested folder structure with the categories.

Its one of the features that we do use in our organisation.
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.293 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn