GroupJive 3.0 RC 1 released

8 years 4 months ago #273227 by joebrickley
Replied by joebrickley on topic GroupJive 3.0 RC 1 released
Thanks jpdenny1 upgrading to the CB Activity (nightly release), fixed this issue for me.
Joe
The topic has been locked.
8 years 4 months ago #273228 by jpdenny1
Replied by jpdenny1 on topic GroupJive 3.0 RC 1 released
Yup, that fixed it for me too, just did it there, thanks. Thought I had the latest nightly, hard to tell sometimes with the way they are prsented. Suppose no bother to a keener eye.

Joomla 3.6.2
CB 2.0.15 Latest Nightly
GJ 3.0.1 nightly
Php version 5.5.35
Auto actions nightly
Activity nightly
Privacy nightly
Conditions nightly
CB Gallery 2.0
.....all nightly!
Uddeim 3.9
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #273229 by jpdenny1
Replied by jpdenny1 on topic GroupJive 3.0 RC 1 released
Playing with gj and wondering if anybody knows how to or can it occur that - the wall chat is displayed as a stream (i.e. the chat log segment - comment + replies) as opposed to individual comments or replies in a users activity stream - in their cb profile?

Also expected that when a user comments on the wall in a group that it would display in all group members activty stream. Replying in the profile activity stream - posts on the group wall. Maybe it's early days for them, wondering are they possible or coming later.

Have latest nightly cb auto actions and activty. Great job Kyle by the way, I have many uses in store for GJ.

Edit: "notifications" does push some stuff to the profile activity stream when the user selects it from within the group. Wonder why the defaults are limited in gj configuration. Would like to put other notifications on, e.g. replies, comments and not give option to change.. full control of default. Just getting into it, maybe I missed something.

Joomla 3.6.2
CB 2.0.15 Latest Nightly
GJ 3.0.1 nightly
Php version 5.5.35
Auto actions nightly
Activity nightly
Privacy nightly
Conditions nightly
CB Gallery 2.0
.....all nightly!
Uddeim 3.9
8 years 4 months ago #273255 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic GroupJive 3.0 RC 1 released

timstohr wrote: Possible problem when I click on the logos of the people who posted or click on the users. I get a blank page.

GJ doesn't generate this at all. It's output exactly the same way all other locations of CB outputs it using getFields API. So you may have a SEF issue or CB menu issue somewhere. Disable SEF entirely and review the non-SEF URL.

timstohr wrote: Also the thumbnails are pixely in the new group overview. I guess easiest would be to simply upload new pictures no?

Also... How can I make it mandatory that a logo has to be uploaded every time a group is created?

My guess is users uploaded very small images. They would need to upload larger images. There's no feature to set required state for canvas/logo. You'd need to modify the core code, add required class to the inputs, then add PHP side validation to ensure a logo was uploaded.

timstohr wrote: PS: Notifications of posts do not show the message that was written in the forum you get notified about. In a previous post a year ago, you had written that it would be possible to have the message that was written in the notification once you turn off the #xxx numbers...

The GJ Wall integration doesn't have or display a post # anymore. There's nothing to link to. All the integrations notifications just link to the group. That's working as intended.

timstohr wrote: Found another irregularity. In the CB activity post, it should say "xxxx has replied to a post in xxxxxxxx" instead of "xxxx has posted in xxxxx"

Wall replies no longer have activity. Only the main post will log activity. So there's no specific display behavior for a reply in GJ Wall.

timstohr wrote: EDIT: Another question: How do I put up a module of upcoming events? There is no tab to choose the upcoming events in the GJ module anymore...

You currently can't. Module display modes for integrations is planned in a later release.

timstohr wrote: EDIT EDIT: How do you make a menu item with only the groups? ie a menu item that has only all the groups randomly sorted?

You can make a Community Builder > Plugin menu item with CB GroupJive plugin selected and set the action to All Groups. There is no random sorting and the sorting can't be changed per menu item; there's a global parameter for groups sorting.

timstohr wrote: EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT: The events start date selector prefills not with todays date but with Jan 2015 at 00:00. Shouldnt it pre-fill with todays date?

It doesn't pre-fill at all. My guess is maybe you've auto complete setup in your browser?

timstohr wrote: EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT: How can I change the language constant for "Have a post to share?"? I cant seem to find it in the language override part of Joomla...

GJ is a CB plugin and is translated the same way as all other CB plugins.

sysopcrew wrote: Hrm. In 2.7.0, I had found a way to hide the user's list in each group. With 3.0.0, that fix seems to longer apply. I'd like to hide the user's tab in each group--how can that happen?

what was #cbtabnavgjUsers {display:none;} changed to #cbtabnavgrouptabusers {display:none;} in my custom CSS file. Thanks for this great upgrade!

There's no feature to turn off the users tab. Using CSS to hide it should work fine.

Amicus72 wrote: Works so far, but links to own profile and profiles of other user don't work anymore.

Get an Error 1062 instead

You need to install CB Auto Actions 6.3.3, CB GroupJive 3.0 RC1, and CB Activity 3.x nightly release. There's bugs in CB Activity that'll cause the API GJ is utilizing to cause issues. I'm working on a new stable CB Activity release as well.

timstohr wrote: Hey Kyle, I have found one. When uploading a file, the name of the file does not resize in the activity part. See attached picture to see what I mean.

Fixed for next release.

joebrickley wrote: Hello,
I have installed over groupjive 2.7.0 following steps correctly, and have found I get these errors all over my existing CB menu items, including clicking in my CB user profile :
Warning: Missing argument 5 for cbgjEventsPlugin::activityQuery() in <span>/</span>home<span>/</span>nutshell/public_html/bristolapplepress.co.uk/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbgroupjive/plugins/cbgroupjiveevents/cbgroupjiveevents.php on line 67

Fatal error: Cannot use object of type CB\Plugin\Activity\Activity as array in <span>/</span>home<span>/</span>nutshell/public_html/bristolapplepress.co.uk/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbgroupjive/plugins/cbgroupjiveevents/cbgroupjiveevents.php on line 71

Any idea how to fix ?
Thanks
Joe

You need to install latest CB Activity nightly. It's a bug in CB Activity.

jpdenny1 wrote: Yeah same here with the 1062 error. Similar mentions on this as above. Main thing was I couldn't view cb-profile. I disabled cb activity and things worked ok, turned it back on and disabled gj and things worked fine. So I have left gj disabled. 2.7 to rc1 install. Appreciate that it's beta, just letting you guys know.

Same as above, just need CB Activity nightly.

jpdenny1 wrote: Playing with gj and wondering if anybody knows how to or can it occur that - the wall chat is displayed as a stream (i.e. the chat log segment - comment + replies) as opposed to individual comments or replies in a users activity stream - in their cb profile?

Also expected that when a user comments on the wall in a group that it would display in all group members activty stream. Replying in the profile activity stream - posts on the group wall. Maybe it's early days for them, wondering are they possible or coming later.

Have latest nightly cb auto actions and activty. Great job Kyle by the way, I have many uses in store for GJ.

Edit: "notifications" does push some stuff to the profile activity stream when the user selects it from within the group. Wonder why the defaults are limited in gj configuration. Would like to put other notifications on, e.g. replies, comments and not give option to change.. full control of default. Just getting into it, maybe I missed something.

GJ Wall looks like CB Activity, but it has nothing to do with CB Activity. Beyond it logging an activity entry for the initial wall post there is no further integration between the two. GJ Wall will eventually be replaced by GJ Activity, which will just render an actual activity stream using CB Activity API, but that's for a later release.

Notifications have nothing to do with CB Activity. Notifications send PMs or Emails depending on configuration.

Many of the old parameters are gone. Some many not like this, but for the sake of the majority GJ had to become more simple. So many parameters are removed to allow GJ to be significantly easier to use.

Folks please open support topics. This was a complete nightmare to handle. I'm locking this topic from further discussion. Please understand News topics are to discuss the news at hand. They are not a topic for support. Posting dozens of support issues in a single topic makes it very hard for me to follow and reply to your issues individually.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn