Inline editing with new CB Core Ajax 3.0

8 years 2 months ago #275986 by nant
The following user(s) said Thank You: Josh Lewis, pepperstreet
The topic has been locked.
8 years 2 months ago #275987 by timstohr
Replied by timstohr on topic Inline editing with new CB Core Ajax 3.0
quick question since I did not fully understand the improvements. It is "only" an update with regards to inline editing within user lists?
8 years 2 months ago #275999 by Buzz50
Replied by Buzz50 on topic Inline editing with new CB Core Ajax 3.0
Great news!

Does it work for the user on their own profile pages for avatars and the canvas?

Buzz50
Mike
Buzz50 Seniors
'Head Buzzer'
8 years 2 months ago #276008 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Inline editing with new CB Core Ajax 3.0

quick question since I did not fully understand the improvements. It is "only" an update with regards to inline editing within user lists?

No, I've completely rewritten the plugin. The inline editing can actually work inside of another <form now as well since it renders the inline edit in <body and absolute positions it. It can also output as a tooltip instead of inline (works nicely for canvas positions).

Does it work for the user on their own profile pages for avatars and the canvas?

Yes if you set its output to Tooltip it'll work fine in the canvas positions. See the below forge tickets or details regarding this as there are some things to be aware of (mainly that online status can mess with the ability to click through to the avatar).

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5270

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pepperstreet, ricco1
8 years 2 months ago #276026 by Buzz50
Replied by Buzz50 on topic Inline editing with new CB Core Ajax 3.0
Thank you krileon :)

Do you know of any site which is using CB2 with line editing with new CB Core Ajax 3.0 or maybe a demo site which I can look at please?

Buzz50
Mike
Buzz50 Seniors
'Head Buzzer'
8 years 2 months ago #276027 by timstohr
Replied by timstohr on topic Inline editing with new CB Core Ajax 3.0
Mine by tomorrow evening (currently heavily using the 2.x version): munich.international-friends.net/

You will have to sign up in order to get to the AJAX controls of your profile.
The following user(s) said Thank You: edmundcheong
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn