Inline editing with new CB Core Ajax 3.0

8 years 3 months ago #276073 by Buzz50
Replied by Buzz50 on topic Inline editing with new CB Core Ajax 3.0

timstohr wrote: Buzz50, try it out on my website: munich.international-friends.net.

Brilliant!
Thank you Tim.
I did try earlier in the day which must have been before it was implemented.
Now it works really well for bothe the canvas and the avatar which overlaps it.

I will try it tomorrow with a test version of my site.
My members will love CB2 and this!

Buzz50
Mike
Buzz50 Seniors
'Head Buzzer'
The topic has been locked.
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #276079 by timstohr
Replied by timstohr on topic Inline editing with new CB Core Ajax 3.0
Found a minor error, bug or simply did not use it correctly. Tried to put in a placeholder value and it did not work. Tried from substitution to normal text. Nothing showed up on the profile picture.

Also... how do you get the fa fa-pencil to display normally?

Thinking of it, it displays in my other AJAX fields (and I have left the placeholder value free in all cases) but not in the profile pic or the canvas photo...
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #276108 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Inline editing with new CB Core Ajax 3.0
Folks, this is a news topic. Please don't use it for support. If you've an issue please post to the support forums. We've been through this so many times I will no longer answer support questions in a news topic, sorry.

The canvas use case for ajax editing is significantly different and unique. Do not expect it to display as the other locations do. Canvas usage styling still needs further improvements (features, not bugs). You may need to add custom styling if you want to further improve its output.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
8 years 3 months ago #276251 by timstohr
Replied by timstohr on topic Inline editing with new CB Core Ajax 3.0
Feature missing report: AJAX does not work if Tab is set to "Button with Fixed Overlay" (also tried the other option where the tab is a pop-up and it didnt work either.
8 years 3 months ago #276256 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Inline editing with new CB Core Ajax 3.0
It's not going to work in fixed overlay usage, because that usage is a tooltip. Tooltips move or alter the DOM causing the jQuery bindings to be completely lost or not exist at all. I've added a feature ticket to see if I can bind to the tab tooltip as I wrote jQuery events into it so I maybe able to rebind the ajax.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5705

Since my above reply has basically been ignored I'm locking this topic. Folks these news topics are to discuss the news directly or questions relating to the articles content. They're not for support, feature requests, or bug reports; please use our support forums for that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.617 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn