Streams everywhere! Follow everyone!

7 years 1 month ago #291957 by krileon

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 1 month ago #291958 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Streams everywhere! Follow everyone!
This is a really great addition ! :-)
Does it mean that third parties could also develop their own content plugins to use the commenting system ?

7 years 1 month ago #291960 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Streams everywhere! Follow everyone!
Easiest way for third parties to integrate it is probably to allow you to output a content prepare usage or fire a CB trigger that's acted on by CB Auto Actions. This helps avoid their extension being dependent on CB Activity API (which now includes a version function so that's not too big of a deal now).

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 1 month ago #292002 by krileon
Likes usage, for the most part, is now implemented and functional. Still needs like type selection (can have different types such as Like, Love, Funny, Angry, etc.. as many as you want and entirely customizable). Below is some screenshots of how it looks.

Extended Button Layout:

Likes Window:

There will be a content bot usage so you can output likes usage anywhere that supports Joomla content prepare as well as a module mode, but neither of those are done yet.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: beat

7 years 1 month ago #292062 by krileon
The likes type selection is now completed. This is basically a cosmetic thing. The like type is only visible in the likes window as shown above,

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Attachments:

7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #292078 by krileon
Another progress update! The content bot has been improved to output Follow and Like buttons using content prepare (e.g. [cbactivity:like /]) to render follow or like buttons anywhere you like. Additionally just like commenting for articles there's built in functionality to like articles that can easily be toggled on. Check it out in action below.

Additionally the module can output Follow or Like buttons as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.251 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn