What am I working on?

5 years 7 months ago #307246 by krileon

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 7 months ago #307247 by nant

5 years 7 months ago #307265 by activha
Replied by activha on topic What am I working on?
Very nice job ! Long list :-)
Just one question : will it be possible to message a user from a guest page like uddeim provides for premium features ? I mean for not registered users to contact registered ones.

5 years 7 months ago #307270 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic What am I working on?

Just one question : will it be possible to message a user from a guest page like uddeim provides for premium features ? I mean for not registered users to contact registered ones.

Yes, public messaging will be available (default disabled). In addition to system messages and global messages (messages to all) for CB Moderators. Attachments will not be available (maybe possible using CB Auto Actions and CB Gallery; will be exploring this option). There will be no blocking functionality (likely be added as part of CB Privacy). There will be no archiving feature (this isn't email). It will use HTML (with or without WYSIWYG) instead of BBCode with option to parse BBCode (default enabled) and can also support plaintext only. Connections selector dropdown and multi-recipients features also supported.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

5 years 7 months ago #307340 by krileon
Just an update on progress. Things are moving along nicely. Went through a couple UX designs before settling on the following which closely follows messaging applications that people are familiar with.

Still a lot of work to go and this is of course subject to change, but hopefully everyone likes the direction it's going.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

5 years 7 months ago #307392 by krileon
Ok, have finally landed on the final design. We're moving to a more modern design with dropdown menus and using "meatball" icons. I've also splint sent and received messages into 2 separate displays using a filter as it was too confusing to determine who the message was really for, which cleans up the display further.

With the design finalized we're more or less on the home stretch with 1-2 views left on frontend and then the backend management of private messages. Once those are done we'll be ready for everyone to dig into the new built in private messaging!

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn