Profile Layouts, Joomla Fields, and more!

11 months 4 weeks ago #333612 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Profile Layouts, Joomla Fields, and more!
cb_right still exists. This feature provides a tab position map so you'll know exactly where things are. Can you clarify what's so confusing about this new feature? You're basically just selecting a profile layout from a dropdown. You do not need to move your tabs. There's also the Custom layout that lets you create your own using HTML and substitutions.

Below is the Canvas (Other) layout, which is the layout used for profiles in previous releases of CB. I've highlighted where cb_right is.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 months 1 week ago #334718 by huguesmarcil
Replied by huguesmarcil on topic Profile Layouts, Joomla Fields, and more!
Hello Krileon!

I hope I don't resurrect this topic :)
I'm very excited about the profiles, it seems like a great way for us to improve our UX.

One question: I see that there are 4 layouts available. Is it possible to add a new one?
For example, I'd like to have two layouts for two different registration modules on two different pages. Can I do this using the profile layouts?
Thank you!

Hugues

8 months 1 week ago - 8 months 1 week ago #334721 by krileon

One question: I see that there are 4 layouts available. Is it possible to add a new one?

Yes, use the Custom layout and you can provide your own HTML for it to display however you like.

For example, I'd like to have two layouts for two different registration modules on two different pages. Can I do this using the profile layouts?

The Custom layout supports substitutions and Joomla content plugins so I suppose you could display 2 different modules depending on what URL you're on by IF substitution conditioning against the itemid. Example as follows.

[cb:if menu_id="12"]The current menu item is Itemid 12[/cb:if]
[cb:if menu_id="1"]The current menu item is Itemid 1[/cb:if]

The menu_id would be the Joomla menu id. This lets you display content based off the viewed Joomla menu. As for displaying the modules use normal Joomla content plugin shortcodes for that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: huguesmarcil

8 months 1 week ago #334762 by huguesmarcil
Replied by huguesmarcil on topic Profile Layouts, Joomla Fields, and more!
Thank you for the quick reply, I'll check that out I soon as I can!

8 months 4 days ago #334806 by saman2
Replied by saman2 on topic Profile Layouts, Joomla Fields, and more!
There is a problem. if you use for example [content_line_1_column_1] in the profile custom layout then it is simply render the corresponding content .But if the user does not have access to view the field or tab in that position for any reason, the expression [content_line_1_column_1] itself will be rendered.

8 months 4 days ago #334810 by krileon
Have added a feature ticket to review adding placeholder substitutions if a tab position has no content.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/9233

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn