javascript (info added) CB NOT ready!

15 years 6 months ago #76106 by daa
just tried the install, got a problem in that admin can not be accessed after install, it seems to think that javascript is not enabled! and stopped working, after closing down browser restarting wouldn't let me login. Supplied useless help in the form of javascript needing to be enabled (which it was)!
any ideas before i start removing folders and starting again?

This error was in IE, Opera and firefox, I work in firefox but could not get access to admin in all three browsers.

I've now deleted all CB folders, restored DB backup and I can now access admin! Warning about javascript gone, in all 3 browsers.

Doug

Post edited by: daa, at: 2008/10/02 19:22

Post edited by: daa, at: 2008/10/02 19:25

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 6 months ago #76137 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:javascript (info added) CB NOT ready!
Hmmm, has to be an isolated issued. Maybe a plugin or you didn't properly upgrade.

Running an Apache server on windows atm and mine works perfectly fine.

No JavaScript problems at all. Seriously sounds like the fault is elsewhere. Maybe host related. I can't say for sure, but I've been running debug mode and no problems.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 6 months ago #76162 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:javascript (info added) CB NOT ready!
daa wrote:

...Warning about javascript gone, in all 3 browsers.
Post edited by: daa, at: 2008/10/02 19:22

Post edited by: daa, at: 2008/10/02 19:25

What exact warning text/error message did you have ?

hard to help with little info....

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 6 months ago #76194 by daa
at the bottom of the admin/login page it stated warning you need to have javascript enabled to login!

javascript was enabled!! I even turned it off closed browser opened browser and turned back on and still had the same error,cleared cache still had the same error, checked with the other browsers, same error. The only thing that may not be normal about the joomla installation is the admin template I use the AdminPraise template, however i removed template directory which caused the default template to revert to Khepri template and the error did not go away, without (javascript the login button does not work).

via ftp removed all CB folders and restored DB backup made before install and everything worked fine!

this was a new install done through joomla install, no errors installing main component or modules, however could not go into modules to follow instruction 6 (enable login module) buttons stopped working from here, (javascript somehow disabled, but not in browser) after time out could not login to admin reasons explained above (javascript disabled somewhere)

I cannot think of any more info i can give!

joomla 1.5.7
PHP 5.2.5
MYSQL 4.1.22-standard

register globals ON

Doug

15 years 6 months ago #76196 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:javascript (info added) CB NOT ready!
Extremely strange, as CB doesn't do anything with the joomla backend login screen...only joomla plugins/mambots can interfer at that early stage, and CB has no mambots...

Maybe best is to check the system plugins that are enabled...

Otherwise clone site, check clone works fine, and try again installing CB on clone...

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 6 months ago #76197 by daa
I've just downloaded RC2 will install check if working and upgrade to RC3.

I will let you know how I get on, cloning is a good idea I'll use the clone to do the install on.

Talk soon

Thanks

Doug

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn