CB 1.2. RC3

15 years 6 months ago #76132 by characterdriven
CB 1.2. RC3 was created by characterdriven
Just installed RC3 and perhaps am not familiar with RC2 to have noticed the changes right away, but one thing that has happened...or hasn't happened...is that when I upgraded the username and email lookup function isn't working properly. It goes to a blank screen when looking up username or email (says "loading" on browser tab) and basically seizes up. To see it for yourself visit: www.characterdriven.com and click on 'register' on the menu bar. All else looks good, with login module there- a new addition- but enter a username or email address and you'll see what I'm getting at. Any help is greatly appreciated as this is a live site and I spent time setting things up this morning. Just need it to see what I'm missing here.

Post edited by: characterdriven, at: 2008/10/02 19:17

Post edited by: characterdriven, at: 2008/10/02 19:18

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 6 months ago #76164 by elcombs
Replied by elcombs on topic Re:CB 1.2. RC3
username and email lookup worked ok. When I click the Register button, it takes me to a blank screen. The registration process seems to work ok because if I refresh it tells me that I am already registered. Check you web server error log. I bet you have a PHP error in there that will give you an idea of where to find the problem.

15 years 6 months ago #76167 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:CB 1.2. RC3
characterdriven wrote:

Just installed RC3 and perhaps am not familiar with RC2 to have noticed the changes right away, but one thing that has happened...or hasn't happened...is that when I upgraded the username and email lookup function isn't working properly. It goes to a blank screen when looking up username or email (says "loading" on browser tab) and basically seizes up. To see it for yourself visit: www.characterdriven.com and click on 'register' on the menu bar. All else looks good, with login module there- a new addition- but enter a username or email address and you'll see what I'm getting at. Any help is greatly appreciated as this is a live site and I spent time setting things up this morning. Just need it to see what I'm missing here.

Post edited by: characterdriven, at: 2008/10/02 19:17

Post edited by: characterdriven, at: 2008/10/02 19:18

Tried accessing your registration page in Firefox with firebug Net monitoring for the ajax call, and all worked correctly. You have "null" as default value text for username, name and email.... you can remove that by editing those fields in backend.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds