Search with Avatar field enabled >> Error ?

15 years 6 months ago #76291 by sunnyjey
Hello,

RC3 is absolutely fantastic! Now I have realized why CB developer team took so much time to develop 1.2 version. They have built the basic framework. Now its on upto us how to implement it. Possibilities are endless!!

Thank you CB Team for such a wonderful component.

I have been playing with new RC3. And I guess I have found error which needs to be confirmed.

I have enabled Avatar as seacheable field with defualt Name and other fields.

When I am trying to search my name in name field. I am not able to locate myself in search. I have observed that Avatar parameters automatically drops down to 'has no image profile'.

As I have avatar in my cb profile, it seems that search is using both parameter Name (name field) & Has no image (Avatar) field resulting into no display in result.

I repeat once again- Kindly help me to confirm by trying
1. enabled Avatar as searcheable
2. Type Name of someone who has avatar in the Name field. Do not select preference for Avatar (has image/has no image) in the Avatar field
3. Hit the search button.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 6 months ago #76310 by beat
Thanks for the nice words, yup, most people didn't see the (r)evolution under the hood while staying compatible with features, sites, databases, plugins, and... CMSes... !

That's now been done, the whole community will be able to develop and share much faster extensions around CB :)

Regarding your problem, it was indeed a bug in CB 1.2 RC 2 and earlier beta-versions of RC 3. I couldn't reproduce in RC 3. Are you sure that you are using RC 3 ?

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 6 months ago #76317 by sunnyjey
Replied by sunnyjey on topic Re:Search with Avatar field enabled >> Error ?
Hi Beat,

I have attached screen shot of my backend of CB. It is an indeed RC3 which i installed yesterday.

If you need i can PM or email my site details where you can check and reproduce this error.

You guys deserved much more appreciation & karma for developing such a wonderful component

Post edited by: sunnyjey, at: 2008/10/04 17:24
Attachments:

15 years 6 months ago #76341 by beat
I could not reproduce until now.

Activated on this site the avatars search in the "All members" list, and could without problems do the search of a name with no preferences for avatar, or with a preference. All tests worked 100% as expected in Firefox 3... :)

Can you please try here too ? and give results ?

Also please try with different browsers on your site ? is the problem specific to a browser ?

Finally, if you have a problem, it might be a javascript bug in another area of your site... getfirebug.com/ , install it, activate and you should see "errors" in red at bottom right of your browser screen.

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 6 months ago #76342 by sunnyjey
Replied by sunnyjey on topic Re:Search with Avatar field enabled >> Error ?
Hi beat,

I have checked in the Joomlapolis. I couldn't reproduce at your end.

So it seems it is site specific likely bcoz of template, cache or other.

But I can reproduce this in my site in both IE7 & FF browser without any red signal in firebug.

This is the link

I can reproduce this error, if i follow following steps:

1. Enter
UserName: sunnyjey
Preference: containing phrase
Image Avatar: has image profile

2. Hit search button

3. Once again we will search
set image avatar: No preference

4. Hit search button

Here I can see that 'No preference' is sliding back to 'has image profile'

I never wanted to attribute this to CB. I just wanted to confirm whether this is my site specific or CB specific.

15 years 6 months ago #76344 by beat
No worries. Funilly it was ideed an issue in a previous private beta... :D
Hope you will find soon the cause.

Anybody experimenting the same or finding a solution can chime in here :)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn